• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHL Cancel

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I've found a way to cancel Falco's SHL(No, not his SHDL). I don't see the point in SHDL's, since they don't even hit me half the time when I'm anybody, literally.

So instead, I've been using just SHL's. They work far more efficiently and are somewhat faster then falco's SHDL. While doing this, I found a way to cancel his SHL so that part of the lag is removed, which can then be done again.

Sadly, I have no video equipment, but will have them uploaded somehow, and soon.

M2K, if you read this, lmk if you think you could do some frame tests for me so I can find out exactly what framepoint this works on.

khoasgotrice

Smash Cadet
isnt this just short hopping and doing 1 laser and timing it so that you shoot a laser pretty low, and landing will cancel lag? since you cant FF in brawl while shooting a laser. i might be wrong......

Eriko

Smash Cadet
Someone posted a video about it already. The lag is the same, it just cancels the animation altogether, but it still fires the laser. SHL and whatever you're talking about are no different except yours hits lower.

Bananablob

Smash Rookie
Ok, i'm clarifying stuff someone already clarified in some thread. People are doing the SHDL wrong in Brawl (Well a bunch of em ) and that's probably why SHDL don't hit you most of the time. If you press your special button too fast while SHing you'll shoot two lasers approximately the same height that go over most characters. If you improve your timing and wait you can shoot two lasers as you go downwards, the first hitting Ganondorf in the face and the second hitting the top of kirby's head. Of you do it perfectly it'll cancel just like you said you did with the SHL.

And I will try to post some vid of me actually cancelling the second laser in a SHDL exactly the same way the laser is cancelled in the video Eriko linked us to.

Unless someone does it before me.

(Edit : I won't be posting a video myself)

J4pu

Smash Champion
Ok, i'm clarifying stuff someone already clarified in some thread. People are doing the SHDL wrong in Brawl (Well a bunch of em ) and that's probably why SHDL don't hit you most of the time. If you press your special button too fast while SHing you'll shoot two lasers approximately the same height that go over most characters. If you improve your timing and wait you can shoot two lasers as you go downwards, the first hitting Ganondorf in the face and the second hitting the top of kirby's head. Of you do it perfectly it'll cancel just like you said you did with the SHL.

And I will try to post some vid of me actually cancelling the second laser in a SHDL exactly the same way the laser is cancelled in the video Eriko linked us to.

Unless someone does it before me.

(Edit : I won't be posting a video myself)
^- this is what i was thinking, because it sounds like your SHL doesn't incorporate a fast fall so wouldn't it be the same cancelling efficiency/shooting speed to jump up time the first laser so that right after it ends is the timing you would use to do your SHL and then you end up getting 2 lasers out of it, even if the first one normally misses it can help if they try to jump
if I am wrong in thinking this please explain why a single laser is better than this method

Top Bottom