• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ShiroiKen YLink Videos - UPDATED

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've posted this also in the Videos section, but it concerns Young Link so...

Hello everyone.

It's been a little while since my last post here, but I continue playing and plaaaying Melee like the first day (maybe a little better).

I've migrated from Marth to Young Link, here are some videos, comments really appreciated (not only for me, but for my friend playing Sheik)!:

Video 1,
Video 2,
Video 3,
Video 4,
Video 5,
Video 6

-update-
ShiroiKen (YL) VS XoNoX (Falco) 1 (nice 4 hits in-a-row in this one)
ShiroiKen (YL) VS XoNoX (Falco) 2
ShiroiKen (YL) VS XoNoX (Falco) 3

Thanks

MikeMoney

Smash Apprentice
Nice use of projectiles and good combos, it seems like you anazlyze during play more the most people that post for video rating do. keep up the good work

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
You were pretty good, like MikeMoney said nice use of projectiles and you have some pretty good combos. Also your one of the few thats put up videos on the ylink boards. Other than that the only thing that you can do is keep getting better.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
All in all, very good. I liked your strategic style; and your spam stye and wavedashing make your vids a joy to watch. The only problems I could really point out would be some human errors (I'm not claiming to be perfect myself, I don't make it through matches without making at least some stupid mistakes, especially in friendlies) such as missed L-cancels on d-airs and some botched timing on recovery. Nonetheless you have an excelent Y. Link, and I actually enjoyed watching your videos, I found them very refreshing actually.

technomancer

Smash Champion
You guys need to fastfall more in general, too much floating around going on. Your combos are pretty simple and need work, and I didn't see too many grabs from either side or much sex-kicking from the YL. I noticed you weren't C-sticking alot of your aerials either (YL), which resulted in some awkward spacing and a few whiffs.

Also Sheik isn't being gay enough. Prefer the F-air to the B-air.

YL, at the end of the first match, you got a grab in, and should have been able to end it with a dthrow.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
technomancer, have you seen all matches? If you've only seen the first one, then I agree with you.
But seeing the 3rd one (which I think is my best from those games), for example, I use much more nair (sex kick). I mean, normally, I use a lot of nairs in the game, sometimes even too much.
I use more fast-falling with other enemies.

But I agree in the grabbin': I don't usually grab with YL... I think it's very risky; but yes, I have to grab more, and Sheik much more.
Combos are something hard to me still.

I'll work on those;

Thank you

Jash

Smash Lord
A pretty solid Young Link if i say so myself. One thing i think should work on is you physical tactics. Your spamming seems to be all you do and sometimes you can be in trouble if the person runs to you wanting to fight. Also, if Sheik is on 40% or more, up throw and spam Up airs...theres really nothing Sheik can do at that point but take the blows. Also try to be more accurate with your physical attacks because sometimes it looks like you just throw attacks out there. Another this is when Sheik has 80%, Dthrow to Dsmash always works so do that more. You can take my advice or....keep spamming i guess. I know people are going to tell you to keep spamming but i say to tone down the spamming until your opponent is far and trying to camp or whatever. But hey what do i know im just a kid ;)

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
It's nice to hear different points of view, so I realize there are many ways to control YL, using more/less spam, and none of them claims to be "the best".

Maybe there were only games VS Sheik, so not all my game could be developed... I look forward to upload some more videos next time ;)

Thanks

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Everyone's spam game is different so people are gonna tell you to do their spam techniques, but your spam game is pretty good. And try to record yourself fighting other characters too so we can see how well you can do against them.

Top Bottom