• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny's Mario Mafia - Game Over! Town + FireEmbleminer Victory!

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
But again, this is still a valuable town asset. And the nature of the the can be something we can take a lot of advantage on...
i don't care if its a valuable town asset, **** taking advantage of it, its just wrong to me, i wouldn't wanna burdan a player own entertainment just so they can help the people they didn't even join initially to benefit like a tool

thats just a bad mindset to me

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
i don't care if its a valuable town asset, **** taking advantage of it, its just wrong to me, i wouldn't wanna burdan a player own entertainment just so they can help the people they didn't even join initially to benefit like a tool

thats just a bad mindset to me
It's a bad mindset, but one that can help town win.

Regardless of which side you're on, vouching for a hostkill is essentially helping the mafia.

Not to mention Nabe said this seems like typical soup behavior to him. So if this is the case, this is a waste of a hostkill.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
What about the smores?

It's three words. The first one is "you', the last one is "blocked", and the second word rhymes with "lot" (I'd tell you exactly what, but I can't quote the mods lol).
smores, and that i got lynchproof :V

uni gave it to me

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
It's a bad mindset, but one that can help town win.

Regardless of which side you're on, vouching for a hostkill is essentially helping the mafia.

Not to mention Nabe said this seems like typical soup behavior to him. So if this is the case, this is a waste of a hostkill.
i stand by what i said, i chose personal value over logic, not the first time i've done it before in these games uni, shoot me :V

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Look I'm honestly not sure who to go for, everyone I had conversation with last night earned my trust except for maybe Maven and he didn't do anything that was suspicious to me.
Can you share the names of some of the people you're townreading? That's meat.

I targeted Unikorn re: your other question.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
@Lampy I want to hear your thoughts on the current situation. Could you see a plausible reason why Mafia would go after ? What's your perspective on Soup's exit?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
i stand by what i said, i chose personal value over logic, not the first time i've done it before in these games uni, shoot me :V
I'd shoot you if I could. And I'd vote you if you weren't lynchproof.

But again, Nabe said this seems like typical soup behavior to him. None of the DGamers have tried to claim otherwise, so I believe it.

Hostkilling him, if it is indeed his typical behavior, means the hostkill would be done for no good reason and potentially cause some drama.

Whether you side with personal value or logic, drama is NEVER a good outcome.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I wish I could give my results, but it appears that I was either roleblocked or jailed, which is strange since Spak already said that he was blocked. So I assume that there might either be both a townie roleblocker and a Mafia roleblocker, or a roleblocker and a jailer.

The weird thing is that someone actually claimed to me that they are an enabler (or whatever that role might be called), meaning that whoever they target can act when roleblocked/jailed, so if they had activated their ability last night, I might have actually been able to act.

Yeah, my luck hasn't really been the greatest so far in this game.
No, it was me that was blocked. I got a failure message. You couldn't see my targets as a result.
Holy mother of roleblockers, either we've got a super wacky setup or someone's lying through their teeth.

Also, now I kinda wanna see a game that has ONLY RBs as PRs lol.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

But again, Nabe said this seems like typical soup behavior to him. None of the DGamers have tried to claim otherwise, so I believe it.

Hostkilling him, if it is indeed his typical behavior, means the hostkill would be done for no good reason and potentially cause some drama.

oh if hes coming back then let him live, don't host kill an active player for no good reason

if hes not coming back, instead of letting our imaginary replacement that doesn't exist, host kill the role for mercy

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
What does everyone think of Golden, so far the only thing of note besides ****posts is his stance on liars. I don't know what to think of him due to his inactivity.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

This is straight OMGUS and you really need to watch this; you've stated no reason for wanting to shoot Natz other than her wanting soup to be hostkilled as she's looking out for his replacement. However, when Swamp advocates for the hostkill, it's apparently different with him and you see him as townie.

I'd give you my HoS Hand of Suspicion if you didn't have such a wack role. :mad:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

I don't believe you were roleblocked, your ability failed specifically because you targeted Uni. I targeted him last night and my ability went through, but depending on what you tried to do to him, there's a decent explanation for why it failed.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
or your pointlessly looking into something that only matters out of game cause ya convienced everything has to matter in game :V
I mean, that's the whole point, isn't it?

Looking at roles and how they can interact to make a good plan to bust out those scummy scums.

#HBC | Nabe

Town / Lean / Don't Care
ADJ (please post though)
FE
Natz
Soup
Pokechu

Null-ish, Maybe Scum Lean-ish
Vaan
Spak

Looking At
Unikorn, still
Maven
DH, less so

One-Trick Pony / Entirely Absent
Everyone Else

----------------------------------------

Given Ura's complete non-presence in the thread, it's more likely that he died via role shenanigans than by being on the mafia hitlist. Maybe Ura was a Bodyguard? If he knew he was likely to eat a nightkill due to his role, that might explain why he didn't really read up on the thread. I talked to Ura and Coricus last Night, and neither of them gave any indication of having read the thread since Day 1 ended.

There's probably not much value in talking Ura over more than we have, because it's not likely we're going to puzzle anything out of the Night actions we already know about.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think that since AmericanDJ and Spak are both confident they were blocked, Nabe was protected by the jailer and that's why he got a different message from the other two.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I mean, that's the whole point, isn't it?

Looking at roles and how they can interact to make a good plan to bust out those scummy scums.
and the views me and swamp had were things that are out of game

but apparently ya only looking at our reasoning for in game

and even more reasoning like shimachu said, ya literally just handwaved swampy yet apparently you want me killed!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think that since AmericanDJ and Spak are both confident they were blocked, Nabe was protected by the jailer and that's why he got a different message from the other two.
Did you do the thing? Because I think the thing affected the other thing, if you catch my drift.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
anyone who visited me died
So much for hospitality lol
If Soup is quitting AND revealed his role for everyone to see we might as well just hostkill him.

Replacing is for people who can still play and Soup essentially gutted any potential replacement.

Shame.
If we hostkill him, we lose a phase...
Rules state no screenshots allowed in all caps.
But the intent of the rule is preventing private information from being leaked into thread. If it's public info, it should be fine.
Not to drown in metagame, but this feels normal enough for Soup. Read could go either way, but Soup seeing a PGO and thinking "gosh this game is unbalanced", and being a lot more into his other mafia game... that sounds like town Soup.

Let mods worry about replacement, and let's keep going.
Can confirm lol.
EBWOP: Curse you Nabe, I lost my spot :crying:
Hey, I recognize this man. Guess I'm all caught up lol.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
and the views me and swamp had were things that are out of game

but apparently ya only looking at our reasoning for in game

and even more reasoning like shimachu said, ya literally just handwaved swampy yet apparently you want me killed!
Because I'm not certain if I can trust you. I'm gonna need proof of it.

Also, I don't want you killed (I can't kill anyway lol), I'm just wary of you.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
hm? oh no host kills are instant and over with quick

at least...i believe so? :V pretty sure the host kill in capcom got done quick
Depends on how active the hosts are. But still, one less player does mean one less phase either way.

Again, the one hostkill in Capcom mafia is why the game was settled night 2. Otherwise... well, would've been day 3 because of the voteblocker, but still.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

I think he's saying that if we kill him, then the game would lose a phase because there's one less townie. In other words, compared to if we did not lynch him, the game would be shorter as there would be one less townie the mafia needs to take out in order to win the game.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

That's true, but we'd be going from an odd number to an even number. That's the difference between 3v2 and 2v2 (the former had no modkill and is LyLo, and the latter did and is a loss).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can you share the names of some of the people you're townreading? That's meat.

I targeted Unikorn re: your other question.
Who I think is scum?

Well one of them is actually you.

And another is Cor.

Everyone else I did suspect earned my trust.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Because I'm not certain if I can trust you. I'm gonna need proof of it.

Also, I don't want you killed (I can't kill anyway lol), I'm just wary of you.
and yet you can literally just randomly trust swamp

i'm done advocating for myself here, ya using bias from villains and thats just it

know what fine, what floats your boat

i standed by my argument when ya guys push shiny to confirm his role every game hes part, i'll stand by this as well, i'll keep my morals thanks

#HBC | Nabe

Who I think is scum?

Well one of them is actually you.

And another is Cor.

Everyone else I did suspect earned my trust.
You suspect a completely inactive slot over most of the players posting?

More to the point, I'm asking who the people you 'trust' are. Knowing who you think is town is important.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
and yet you can literally just randomly trust swamp
It's not random. If it wasn't for last night's talk, I'd have voted for him.

But given the circumstances of our talk, which I'll only reveal if Swamp's cool with it, I doubt it because it would mean something that has such a low chance of happening that I'd ****ing eat my underwear if it happened.

Top Bottom