• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ShINEs bRuuhhh. I CAnt EVennnn

A-train

Smash Rookie
NNID
southerncan
How the hell do I get those quick aerials out of my shine??? I can I jump cancel my shines well but what the hell do I do to get my aerials to hit right out of shine??? Is it just how fast you can get your hands to do? Is it a skill from birth??

PLZ HELP. I'll love you forever and I'll buy you a sandwich.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Sometimes which buttons you use to input the aerial can make things easier/harder, but none of them should be too difficult so long as you practice at it a bit. It might be something to consider though, with personal preferences and all.

A is the closest one to the X/Y buttons, so you can just slide your thumb over to it after JCing shine.

C-stick is further away, but many ppl use it for inputting all of their other aerials and want to keep consistent. Just gotta be quicker than with A. I've heard that some people use the Claw Grip (pointer finger kept over the X/Y buttons, so that thumb can be used more primarily for the C-stick), or use the palm under their thumb to make C-stick inputs quicker but...given how comfortable those sound, it might be worth considering another button at that point.

Z uses a different finger, so you might find it easier than A/C-stick with your thumb if that feels off in any way. Keep in mind that you'll end up JC grabbing if you press Z too early (before you leave the ground).

Last edited:

SSS

Smash Ace
How the hell do I get those quick aerials out of my shine??? I can I jump cancel my shines well but what the hell do I do to get my aerials to hit right out of shine??? Is it just how fast you can get your hands to do? Is it a skill from birth??

PLZ HELP. I'll love you forever and I'll buy you a sandwich.
Here's what you do. Change the match to time or 99 stock or something. Turn handicap on. Add a level 1 CPU and put them on Bowser. Change your handicap all the way to 1 and Bowser's handicap all the way to 9. Then go to Final Destination and do SHFFL Dair>Shine>SHFFL Dair>Shine etc over and over again. Because of the handicap Bowser won't go anywhere. This will be hard at first and frustrating so only do it for like 10 minutes at a time. GLHF

Jackson

Smash Lord
I think he means doing stuff like shine to instant bair in the air... if this is so, you need to use tap jump. I tried it with X and I could not do it fast enough. With tap jump it's instant. (if i don't miss the timing) I do my aerials with c stick, btw.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
If you're hitting a shield or enemy the timing is slightly different as if you were doing it on the ground.

If you're trying to do things like quick shine bair or dair then you have to be faster in x + aerial motion and I will recommend you to use control stick for this rather than c-stick. The reason for this is because when you shine (down+b) you can be holding either left or right or down, and all you need to do an aerial after that is press X/Y + A since you're already holding a direction as opposed to if you were going to do it with c-stick (which is very far away from the X or Y buttons in comparison to the A button) you will need to go all the way to the c-stick with your thumb after jumping, which is harder.

Aside from all of that, there's really no secret to be faster, you just have to practice a lot, that's all there's to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom