• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smash Lord
When i was watching some smash vids i seen fox sine and then almost instantly did another move. how do you shine and then do another move instantly cause when i shine there is some lag after it actually what should I do?

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
wave dash of jump. the jump cancels shine, and when you wave dash, the beginning of the step is jump, thus cancelling it. you could also wavedash downwards if you don't want to move.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
You can do one of the following:

--> You can wavedash downwards, to cancel the shine, then perform whatever attack it was you wanted to perform. To wavedash, you just jump, and immediately, immediately, immediately, dodge downwards into the ground... This will completely cancel the shine's lag. In fact, when you perform the downwards wavedash, you shouldn't even be able to see yourselves leave the ground. Perfect it!

---> You can jump-cancel into an up-smash or grab. To jump-cancel into an up-smash, you just need to smash upwards as you normally would, just be sure to press Up a split second before you press A. To perform a grab from the shine, you need to either press Up+Z, or X+Z. Press them very fast, making sure to press Up or X just a little bit before you press Z.

So the question you're asking now is why? Why does all this work?

Simple --- because you can jump-cancel the shine. What does this mean? It means you can jump out of your shine. If you jump while in the shine pose, the shine goes away and you jump as you normally would without shining. Since a wavedash is nothing but a jump followed by an air-dodge, naturally, you can cancel the shine with the wavedash. Also, the up-smash works because when you press up, there is a slight delay before you actually jump. Before this delay starts, the shine already gets cancelled, so you are free to perform a standing move at this point, such as an up-smash or grab (I don't know why it doesn't work when you perform side-smash or jab, forget those).

Hope I was able to answer your question and I hope you understand these aspects of the game better,

- Dalal

falco_prodigy

Smash Apprentice
not directly from a jump-cancelled shine...but you can immediately c-stick smash when you jump-cancel wavedash.

JCing a WD is tough, though. It takes a lot of practice, especially w/ Fox.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yes, u can c stick smash right out a shine. just the upsmash though. u have to quickly press up or any jump button, then QUICKLY up on the c stick. same deal with grabbing out of a shine. there's a shine guide on these boards you know...

falco_prodigy

Smash Apprentice
foxandfalco said:
yes, u can c stick smash right out a shine. just the upsmash though. u have to quickly press up or any jump button, then QUICKLY up on the c stick.
Oh REALLY? If you JC a shine you always HAVE to jump...so therefore you'd have a WD in order to bust a smash move with the c-stick...so therefore you WOULDN'T be smashing RIGHT out of a shine. Almost, but not quite.

(Just being politically correct ;) )

falco_prodigy

Smash Apprentice
FINE whatever...

I guess I should've done more research before saying that stuff. But I don't get how you guys can count frames like that, it's INSANE. I just jump the second I shine and Falco shorthops.

Fox3

Smash Rookie
is it possible to do a foxshine up-smash or a foxshine grab to marth

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Fox3 said:
is it possible to do a foxshine up-smash or a foxshine grab to marth
learn how to wavedash perfectly. practice turning the control stick almost horizontally. it is very possible to marth. and without doing a perfectly wave dash, you can always shine, wavedash, dash, and jc grab. that's fast enough to grab marth before he can move. i think there's a shine guide posted on here at smashboards....

Fox3

Smash Rookie
so how exactly do you do a foxshine grab? I thought you just shine him then do a jump-cancel grab.

and i have absolutly no clue on how to go a foxshine up-smash

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
You can only do this if you take a run up. You have to run at full speed towards the opponent. Go into a shine and immediately jump-cancel into a grab. This works on Link and Peach. I don't know about Marth. Your best bet for Marth would be to do a drill-grab opposed to a shine-grab. The drill stuns just as good as the shine, and it keeps them in the same spot, doesn't move them too much. By the way, to do a drillgrab you need to l-cancel the lag from the drill kick, and then you have to grab. One way of doing this would be to continue holding L from the cancel, and then press A. That's fast and easy. Another way would be to l-cancel and then press Z. Whatever works best for you...

But I don't know. I think if you can jump-cancel the shine extremely extremely fast. Like slide your thumb from B to X+Z, then maybe it is possible to just stand there and do a shine-grab. Or, even better, a drillshine-grab.

EVEN better (for a person who cannot tech Fox's d-throw), d-throw with Fox, shine-grab, d-throw, shine-grab. Heh heh. That would be awesome, but I don't think it's possible. Someone should check and see with AR.

Fox3

Smash Rookie
do you think this would work well?

drill-grab, d-throw, waveshine into a up-smash

falco_prodigy

Smash Apprentice
The Drillshine is a good combo, but I think Falco's Dairshine is more effective and combo-friendly!

What's all this talk of jump-cancelled grabs?? That's the one technical term I'm not familiar with...can someone explain what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom