• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shine to bair

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
WOW this must be before DI was discovered (lol)

Its simple if the opponent doesnt DI at all...
They are shined Up wared 90 degrees

.......So just jump out of your shine then back air...
..That is..... if your opponent doesnt DI.

It can be done at low percentages if they do DI since you wont go as far
BUT ONLY if your fast with the hopping out of Shine.

At higher percentages... nah dont count on it.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
um were talking about the instantaneous arial of out a shine, like before theyve moved upwards more than like a shorthop distance of height....

were not talking about just a regular shine into an airal

xelad1

Smash Ace
^---- true dat. Anyway you use the stick for it, DI doesn't matter here because you catch them before they even have a chance to get away from you. Its an excellent option at certain times, It can be done up to very high percentages after only a little bit of practice since you use the stick to jump.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Just make sure you time it right. It should work almost 100% of the time.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Pretty much. Shine - analog jump - aerial, all in very quick succession. Also, this only seems to work if you shined in the air -- I may be mistaken, though.

I've started using this, and believe me, it's a godsend. 'Can turn a lot of innocent shines into kills, even at percents that would otherwise make shining inane.

Shine-to-instant-up-air on Marth never, ever gets old.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Just confirming that it only works in the air. Double jumps have no startup (as opposed to grounded jumps, which have 4 to 9 frames of lag, depending on your character. 6 frames for Falco). This lack of startup lag allows you to JC the shine REALLY quickly. Fast enough that a bair will come out and hit them before they've gone anywhere.

Just practice doing it in the air, it's not incredibly difficult. It tacks on a bit of extra damage, so it's worth it. Remember that you can chain any aerial into this. Spiking out of it is quite fun (don't try to combo with that though. You can't), and as A-Leon mentioned, uair out of it does some very nice damage, very quickly.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Stick. It's almost impossibly hard to perform with X/Y.

Also, I've heard people say that it's possible to DI this by DIing towards the front of Falco so you only get hit by the weak part of the bair. Can anybody confirm this (even though the reflexes/timing to successfully DI this consistently would be pretty hard still)?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
This works on the ground, I'd know as I have been working on it. I use analog stick into c-stick. The trick for me getting it more and more was making sure I don't accidentally turn around during the shine and end up doing a forward air, as that is far far worse than the intended maneuver. And DI doesn't play a huge factor because you are basically coming right out of the shine with the back air, and you WILL land a hit almost 100% of the time as long as you do it fast enough.

xelad1

Smash Ace
^---- true dat. Anyway you use the stick for it, DI doesn't matter here because you catch them before they even have a chance to get away from you. Its an excellent option at certain times, It can be done up to very high percentages after only a little bit of practice since you use the stick to jump.
some of you dont get the pretty easy question. I asked which is faster, using the stick to jump or x,y.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..... read the actual thread before you post a comment like that.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
WOW this must be before DI was discovered (lol)

Its simple if the opponent doesnt DI at all...
They are shined Up wared 90 degrees

.......So just jump out of your shine then back air...
..That is..... if your opponent doesnt DI.

It can be done at low percentages if they do DI since you wont go as far
BUT ONLY if your fast with the hopping out of Shine.

At higher percentages... nah dont count on it.
lolll

ive killed someone with this shine>bair technique at pretty high percents. its really satisfying to pull this trick off. the shine sets them up for a perfect sweetspotted bair (most of the time).
they go flying off the screen, u go give ur mom a hug, advance to the next bracket.

i think u misunderstood this tho aerial shine> bair is wat hes talking about

the analog stick is faster to use!

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i don't think the control stick is necessarily faster than y/x. the time it takes to flick the control stick up is on the same order of time it takes to move your finger from y/x to b. it is simply a matter of comfort. i use y and have never had a problem with jump cancelling shines quickly.

saberhof

Smash Master
@hydrokirby:well if your pretty good at DI'ing i think its possible to get hit by the weak part, but you still get a hit and maybe a follow up.

lol hydro kirby, your still wearing that tag :)

Top Bottom