• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine Spike?

TheGreatMetagod

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGreatMetagod
I was playing For Glory the other night, and got some kind of shine spike on this guy (He used Greninja).

Initially, I dismissed that as some kind of stage spike. However, when I was playing friendly Fox Dittos a few minutes ago, it happened again.

I've been unable to recreate this. However, when I got hit, I panicked and spammed the jump button. And I still couldn't jump until I got to the very bottom of the stage(in the above video).

Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I the only one idiotic enough to try and shine people on this game?

Btw, I recorded this with my phone. Not the best quality.

RPK

Smash Lord
The first video, that was a shine stage spike.

The next video, shows a Brawl mechanic in the game that has been remade for Smash 4. Normally in Brawl when a character has their back to an edge, if they get hit, they get knocked off and go into a falling animation. In brawl if they touched the ground during this animation you could jab lock them, which has been reduced to a maximum of 3 attacks for smash 4. In brawl you used to be able to cancel this falling animation with a jump or an attack of some sort, but in Smash 4 it is uncancelable for quite a while unless you are certain characters. The 2nd video, after you got hit with the shine while on the stage, you slid off of it with you back towards the edge and because that happened you were forced into a falling animation for quite a long time. And because its in smash 4, you were unable to cancel it with a jump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guoksvQ_27o

Its good to know though that we can do it with Shine and not just Nair

TheGreatMetagod

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGreatMetagod
Oh. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I did not play a lot of brawl, so it really helps out!

taylosun

Smash Cadet
Its good to know though that we can do it with Shine and not just Nair
F tilt also. He uses it at the beginning of the video while describing what jab locks are. :30 to be exact.

Top Bottom