• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine out of Shield methods

гυιη

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unique
3DS FC
5198-2442-2813
[12/1/2013 4:06:39 PM] Goodin : huh
[12/1/2013 4:06:42 PM] Goodin : ill try it that way
[12/1/2013 4:13:43 PM] Clay: what was the other way
[12/1/2013 4:14:29 PM] Goodin : Hold R, press c stick up, hit down + B

While I was messing around reading on the pikachu threads for whatever reason I came across upsmashing out of shield (I'm so bad I didn't even know how to do it before). While practicing that with falco I did some experimenting and realized it could potentially be used for Shine out of shield easier than what my friend here does.

Hold R + down, press Y and quickly slide to B

Is this something not commonly known? which of these two methods is more common and which would you say is more reliable? Also when could this primarily be useful if one were to apply it to tournament play?

Kramwood

Smash Cadet
I honestly didn't know there was another way. I always used y and slid down to b.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I'll buffer jumps oos using the c-stick sometimes, but I don't really use it to shine out of shield

if you can and it's comfortable go for it

the most common way is to use Y/B or X/B

useful for getting out of shield pressure, punishing bad spacing when it's situationally correct (i.e. should you shield grab or ariel instead?), and generally converting from defense->offense

4 Aces

Smash Ace
If you mean hold Shield, then down, then jump then b for shine...I think the holding down part before jumping might hinder you (if you accidentally spotdodge on accident).

But yeah, that's more or less how I do it. I shield and jump with X. Then move over to press B. Unfortunately this means I'm off the ground as I'm slow at it. :/

I try to do it with Y --> B, using a sliding motion. But I'm bad at it out of shield. SHDL and double shine with Fox is more or less easy using this method, but I can't seem to do it OOS with Fox/Falco. I used to try to use C-Stick to jump out, and shine. It was the fastest way for me. Was happy until I kept also inadvertently hitting START while flicking the C-Stick up. That's why I stopped; don't want any issues to arise while doing this in a tourney set or whatever.

REC_NEPS

Smash Rookie
Sliding from Y to B always makes me feel gross. I mean, I do it anyway cause I'm sure as hell not gonna use the control stick, but it's always felt a bit odd. Also, I've been watching a whole bunch of PP's vids lately, including a lot of his recent sets at APEX and I've noticed that instead of shielding and then shining OoS, he'll spotdodge and then shine right after that. Should I be spotdodging more and shielding less? It seems to work a fair amount, especially on a recovering Sheik.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
how i shine oos
falco: hold L/R, press X then quickly B (same way i shdl with fox and sorta same timing)
fox: hold L/R, slide Y to B

and of course you gotta wavedash out of it like a SwagMaster9000

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
C stick up is definitely the easiest method, it's closer to B than X and Y, and using tap jump always makes me Fire Fox.

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
I go from Y to B. If you're fast enough to multishine, you can also shine out-of-shield doing this.

Top Bottom