• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine OOS; Applications

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
First of all, how useful is shine oos? Is it a technique that top level foxs can't live without?

I have trouble finding times to use it. A lot of attacks on my shield are spaced in a way where shine won't even hit if I go for it. So when is the optimal time to go for this instead of something else out of shield like upsmash or grab? Is this tool helpful for getting out of Falco's pressure?

Also if anyone has any videos with examples of really good times to use it, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any response.

WPHP

Smash Rookie
Personally, I think fox is a pretty stupid character all around.

Marth is a much better character.

Last edited by a moderator:

SRGE

Smash Rookie
I think its a fairly situational move . One thing I am experimenting with is shield tilting to throw off the l cancel timing, and if it is a poorly spaced aerial I think shine OoS would be a decent option.

Last edited:
lol The reception.
First of all, how useful is shine oos? Is it a technique that top level foxs can't live without?

I have trouble finding times to use it. A lot of attacks on my shield are spaced in a way where shine won't even hit if I go for it. So when is the optimal time to go for this instead of something else out of shield like upsmash or grab? Is this tool helpful for getting out of Falco's pressure?

Also if anyone has any videos with examples of really good times to use it, that would be appreciated.
Well, I think you got the right idea that Shine OoS would be pretty useful if people didn't space your shield well. So, pretty much use it for that. You just have to get good at noticing when someone spaced poorly to know that you should use Shine OoS there.

You'll probably find it very useful if you can do it quickly on people who are very aggressive with fox/falco when they use aerial -> shine -> repeat. Or more simply when someone screws up timing when you are on a platform. Again, you just have to get good at calling when shine is best over say using an aerial, grab, or Usmash. Practice makes perfect.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Shine OoS is extremely useful in the falco matchup if you have good timing with shieldstun. It will get you out of a lot of pressure situations.

Rob Taylor

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, Cleveland Ohio, Cincinnati Ohio
Extremely useful against Fox and especially Falco because your shine hitbox is bigger. If he's pressuring your shield with pillaring you can shine him before his next move comes out or before he can wavedash/jump away. It's going to be harder to use against someone with a fair amount of range who has to space things on your shield, in which case an aerial out of shield can be a much better option. Wavedash out of shield is probably going to have more immediate benefits in all matchups.

It's not 100% reliable in denying grabs, Marth can out range it and dashing into a grab can beat it unless you have impeccable timing.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
waveshine oos into a combo for super sexy swag points yo

also
shield drop shine > waveland on platform for more swag

How to play fox by a falcon player :D

Top Bottom