• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine>bair

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Can someone explain to me how this works I see a lot of top players do this with spacies (usually Falco) But I spent almost all day in the lab, but I can't do it consistently without turing around. Also what percents do they usually work?

Sail

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure on the percents because it's a little situational, but i normally use it at pretty high percents because its best use is to kill or set up an edgeguard, and unless you're right on the edge it won't send them far enough. If you jump out of your shine you can normally tell when it will work. If you're turning around before the bair I'd use the c-stick for it. It's a lot easier to use that way imo.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Can someone explain to me how this works I see a lot of top players do this with spacies (usually Falco) But I spent almost all day in the lab, but I can't do it consistently without turing around. Also what percents do they usually work?
If you're doing it to someone off the right side of the stage do these inputs > jump off > shine > jc using control stick > immediately hold opposite direction of opponent > b-air using c-stick

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
If you're doing it to someone off the right side of the stage do these inputs > jump off > shine > jc using control stick > immediately hold opposite direction of opponent > b-air using c-stick
How do you JC with the C-stick it only seems to change my directing in my shine?

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
oh well I dont use tap jump soo....

Last edited:

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
I guess i just have to work on not turning around in shine.

Wulf !

Smash Rookie
Shine turnaround is your friend here. Shine sends them away from you, so if you land in front, do a turnaround before you JC and then bair them. Land behind, just JC and bair.

If you want a guaranteed bair, just land your nair behind them into shine. I'd only use that against fastfallers though, as fair is a superior option for floaty nerds like Mewtwo or Ness.

EDIT: ok I guess I misread your post? If you want a bair without a turnaround (I guess this would be for edgeguarding?) you should wavedash out of your shine to chase them, then jump and bair. The waveshine will cover more distance faster then just jumping would, so you can catch up and bair them back off the ledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom