• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine 2016 Announced - Boston's First 3 Day Major ft. Hungrybox, Axe, Hax$, ESAM, and many more!

The Boston Smash scene will be holding its first 3-day major tournament -- and they need YOUR help. Announced last night on Big Blue eSports' weekly New Game Plus stream, Shine 2016 will be Boston Smash's biggest and most ambitious undertaking yet, with Melee, Crew Battles, Smash 4, and Smash 64 all taking center stage. Top talent such as Hungrybox, Axe, Hax$, Shroomed, SFAT, Lucky, Silent Wolf, PewPewU, S2J, MacD, ESAM, Hyuga, Koolaid, and many more will be in attendance.

Headed by experienced tournament organizer MattDotZeb and the rest of the Big Blue eSports team, Shine 2016 will take place from August 26th - 28th at the Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center in Boston, MA. For the tournament to be greenlit, the Shine 2016 is looking for $15,000 from early bird registrations and the early bird shop. "We're aiming to hit 15k from pre-reg venue/merch in the first two weeks to make sure we're not financially shooting ourselves in the feet. It's ensuring we'll have the registration velocity to hit the goals we need to hit to break even or more. If we hit 15k then it's 100% on, if we don't we refund everyone and we eat the costs of attempting this, " MattDotZeb explained on reddit.

This t-shirt is one of the many great products available on the Shine 2016 shop.

Want to help make Shine 2016 an even better experience than it will be? Register today on smashgg or check out the Shine 2016 Shop to purchase some awesome products. Be sure to follow @Shine_Series on Twitter to stay updated on Shine 2016.

Check out the official trailer for Shine 2016!

Last edited:

Comments

Damn, I live in the Boston area, but summer break ends like a week before this and I'll have to go back to college.

Oh well. Let's go, Boston!

Last edited:
Do we have to name every event after Fox and Falco?

:/

Still looks like a cool event.
"Stay in your lane", the true name of this tournament, is not spacie related.

Damn, I live in the Boston area, but summer break ends like a week before this and I'll have to go back to college.

Oh well. Let's go, Boston!
...Assuming undergrad, classes don't truly start until a week, sometimes two, after the first day.

A major that isn't halfway across the country? I'm going to need to seriously consider this now >.<

RIP money I was saving for other stuff

Hey guys!

My name is hart I'm a smash 4 player from DE. I am in kind of an emergency. If anyone can have me in their room for this event I would greatly appreciate it. I am willing to pay for space and sleep on the floor as well! If you or know some one who can help me please feel free to message me on here!

Thanks,

Hart

Top Bottom