• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Keeps coming out at the end of wavedash

-_Face_-

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't always happen, but too frequently my shield comes out at the end of my wavedash. This is obviously an issue when trying to dash out of wavedash.

Anyone ever have this habit / slip up? Any thoughts on what exactly is causing it?

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
I used to have this problem a ton with marth but yeah it's just that your holding the trigger too long, just get tighter on your wavedashes or grind out tech skill.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
I have this problem when I WD forward off the end of a platform, I sometimes get stuck at the end of it with my shield up. Is this for the same reason holding the trigger too long?

MacDeezi

Smash Rookie
I have this problem when I WD forward off the end of a platform, I sometimes get stuck at the end of it with my shield up. Is this for the same reason holding the trigger too long?
Yeah and make sure you hold foward. I had the same problem but I was able to get rid of it fairly quickly just by practicing

-_Face_-

Smash Apprentice
It actually looks like a hardware issue. If I just press R down and let it go it takes a noticeable extra amount of time to come back up. Gonna take my controller apart and give it a good cleaning, see if that works.

Top Bottom