• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield grab owns my Ganon, what should I do?

Jay Kay

Smash Rookie
Theres this guy that mains Sheik and Marth who shield grabs every single time, how do I attack? And do people in tournys abuse this move?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
People at tourneys will abuse shield grabbing if you can't space your attacks properly. Ganon's fair (forward aerial attack) and I believe bair (backward aerial attack) can be spaced so that Marth and Shiek can't grab you. You can dair as well safely if you hit low on the shield and l-cancel to a roll or jab. Marth is a doable matchup if the Marth is aggressive, Shiek is a hard matchup but you can chainthrow her with dthrow till I think 70-80% and follow up with a aerial or upsmash.

Linguini

Smash Master
The best solution to people who like to run up and shield is to do an empty jump and then grab their shield. Basically grab the grabber. Remember to jab after all your aerials.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
The best solution to people who like to run up and shield is to do an empty jump and then grab their shield. Basically grab the grabber. Remember to jab after all your aerials.
I love doing that, it makes for a great mindgame. Of course, don't abuse this, because you will get minded in your own game...what? Haha.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Just abuse the spacing that comes with ganondorf's high range attacks, and don't forget to jab after you L-cancel your airials.

Top Bottom