• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Cancel -> OHKO maybe?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
has anyone tried this, since you need to get the 1st hit of the down smash to hit them, it would be easy if they approached from above I would imagine.

Also if it's teams, do you think Toon Link could down smash while his teammate jabbed or grabbed him so the 2nd hit didn't hit them but it OHKOd them? Think of the gayness possibilities we might unravel.

Awex

Smash Lord
Double toon links. One cancels out the other's down smash with an arrow from across the stage. Oh GOD the gimpage.

Definitely something to check out..

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
M2K you are maining Toon Link nao?

Anywho, as for the D-smash, what's typical percentage of KO? I remember using the D-smash a couple times, but not enough to determine which kill move is better than the other. From what I've experienced, I've had more KOs with Fairs and Fsmash.

By shield cancel, I'm assuming you are talking about the replaced crouch cancel stopping, correct me if I'm wrong.

nopants

Smash Apprentice
has anyone tried this, since you need to get the 1st hit of the down smash to hit them, it would be easy if they approached from above I would imagine.

Also if it's teams, do you think Toon Link could down smash while his teammate jabbed or grabbed him so the 2nd hit didn't hit them but it OHKOd them? Think of the gayness possibilities we might unravel.
I think there's more to the OHKO than only hitting with the first hit of the D-Smash. On occasion I've managed to get a single-hit D-Smash, but the power was nowhere near what was seen in the video of the OHKO D-Smash. Have you, or anyone else, been able to get an OHKO D-Smash since it was discovered?

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
The first Knockback isn't so huge to OHKO like I was thinking and any angled surfaces (such as Yoshi's Island's Edges) makes sure that only the first hit connect.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
If you're at the edge of the stage and it happens, it's usually an OHKO.
Anywhere else, you would "bounce" on the ground and kill the knockback.

Setting up his dsmash for OHKO in doubles is going to be practically impossible unless you killed off his partner.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
iv pulled off the ohko b4. acutally i think it was on u m2k haha. although he was just able to recover, although an edeghog by me woulda sealed the deal

ken12012

Smash Cadet
The first Knockback isn't so huge to OHKO like I was thinking and any angled surfaces (such as Yoshi's Island's Edges) makes sure that only the first hit connect.
After watching that one video of you doing that to that Zelda I've always been wondering how you did it against her? Did her d-smash make it so that the 2nd hit of your Toon Link's didn't hit her?

Top Bottom