• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Breaking With Roy

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
I couldn't find a thread of this on the board.
But alas, do you boys (or girls) have any tips on pressuring into a possible broken shield and leading up for a juicy-fully charged Flare Blade?

I'm aware of using Double Edge Dance down is nice tool for good shield damage.
Just would you all recommend?

If you notice their shield getting low, an fsmash (with a bit of charge in some scenarios, don't fully charge it for no reason) is often the move that pops their shield.

If you read a neutral getup and they don't have much shield left, you can charge fsmash a little bit or throw a surprise one with no charge (depending on how much shield is left) and hope for the shield break. From there, it's a free stock. If they don't shield, they're probably getting fsmashed at the ledge anyways. I've done this a few times in bracket and on Anther's, so it's definitely viable, it's just a pressure-based gimmick.

Serew

Smash Apprentice
DED (Side b) can indeed break shield well, they can drop shield out of it though. But some people get too greedy, and then it's over XD

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I usually use Jab or F-tilt.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
If you roll into a shielding opponent and down smash their shield gets hit by both hits. This does massive amounts of damage. Sure you'll be punished but they can't use shield very much any more. A forward smash will easily break shield now. It's fun.

Top Bottom