• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Breaker: Slash vs. Stab

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
One of the changes made to P:M Marth is that his Neutral B's animation is exactly the one from his Melee counterpart. I can understand why the change was made but I like to vBrawl animation since it's a nice nod to the Fire Emblem series.

If I were to revert it back to its Brawl animation, will that affect the Neutral B's potency (ex. when edgeguarding)?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Well, generally, Melee Shield Breaker has more OVERALL range, hitting both above Marth and anyone stupid enough to hang on the ledge after their invincibility's worn out. Basically, it's like an FSmash you can use in the air, can wavebounce(Well, so can Brawl SB, but yeah), and as far as I know less recovery. So...yeah.

That said, I believe I read @Chesstiger2612 making the idea of A+B for Brawl Shield Breaker, which I wouldn't mind, personally.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Both have their advantages, so it's difficult to say which would be better.
I like the idea of having both.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I believe that the Stabbing shield breaker definitely has more chances to break your shield if it hits at the tip and it aids recovery in the air. Whereas Slash shield breaker hits above Marth, which is good too.

Top Bottom