• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shiek help

bigsangs

Smash Cadet
really cant beat shiek, whats the best thing to do against a shiek with c falc? cant seem to get a combo going cuz shiek stays so low to the ground most the time you hit her, got any suggestions?

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
You have to rack damage with techchasing your grabs. Once she gets around 50 or so, a simple combo is usually enough to finish her off. Sheik is pretty annoying, though. She has so much priority over you, so your attacks are going to have to target her when she's vulnerable. Like when she's about to land.

Rage.

Smash Ace
Tech chase works really well but my way is playing the defensive way against Sheiks
wait til they come to you
Bair out of Sheild or Nair if they are in front of you.
they are hard to sheild grab but if you can Tech Chase them
Raptor Boost to knee is an easy combo on Sheik
just get those simple combos on her

TheBlackNoodle

Smash Rookie
N-air straight up, DI back if she's dashing at you. You land right on her head. You can also do this with D-air, you just need to anticipate earlier.

The Gentleman is great for defense if she's not expecting it.

If you expect her to jump at you, a quick U-air toward her intercepts a lot of things she can do.

At very low percentages you can chain her a couple of times with JC'ed D-Throw (I know it doesn't seem like it, but you can if you're quick). At slightly higher, she'll probably try to DI and tech away, which you can predict and turn into a knee or more combos.

I do a lot of jab-jab-grab setups. She can grab you between the second and third jabs, which is why you should throw in your own.

For edge guarding, edgehog to force her onto the stage, then knee her off the ledge or roll on and F-smash.

Do everything you can not to get off the stage. Double-sticking helps. I fight two Shieks who edgeguard me with D-smash, preventing sweetspotting. It's possible to still grab the edge if you know falcon's ledge-grab range REALLY well. You've gotta be in the "it-didn't-look-like-I-could-grab-the-ledge" range.

All that being said, a good Shiek's strategy will usually be to needle you and force an airborn approach where her u-air, b-air, and f-air are ridiculously overprioritized (along with f-tilt and u-tilt). If you space it right, an N-air where you land way in front of her can be an okay approach if you catch her mid-needle, or even better, a d-air where you land behind her.

You've gotta keep the pressure on her or she's going to needle the crap out of you. Space your dash-dancing so she can't f-tilt you but you're close enough that she can't needle.

Hm, I think that's all the tips I've got. I play good Shieks more than any other character by far and I come out on top about 65%. That's not to say somebody else won't have better advice...

bigsangs

Smash Cadet
yea im gonna work on my techchasing and just play a little more defensive, the only problem is the needles so ill just have to work on predicting where the shiek will be and practicing timing my aerials right, thanks guys

Top Bottom