• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shffl'ed uair is it worth it?

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so i guess the titles tells it all but ive been shffling fairs bairs and the occasional dair but for some reason i never use uair in combat i only use it for edge guarding so yeah any word on this???

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Yeah, it's pretty useful. You can uair some characters out of throws and over-b's. Watch vids, to see which characters to do it on.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
A low damages, throws to U-airs are helpful. Maybe something like a Captain Falcon, but the recovery for it isn't as fast.

Use it too attack under platforms! It's one of the safest attack to use!

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
shffl'ed uairs are good for quick attacks against opponents above you, but they arn't good for combos, like Speedsk8er said.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
also, Shuffled uairs can nail characters standing on the ground if they are tall enough. Will get any character taller than the mario´s if you space and time it right.

Quite useful straight out of shield.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
well for comboing out of throws i usually do fair sense it have more knock back and does more damage and the hit box for fair allows for it to hit enemies above you. but idk i guess ill try to incorporate it into some combos wish me luck 8)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
If hit correctly, you can combo an opponent in the air with SHFFLed Uairs. You can see it in one of the ganon combo vids, where he hits marth with about 4 times and finishes with a warlock punch after marth whiffs a counter-attack

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Uair has excellent range and speed. You can apply a good deal of pressure on opponents on platforms above you with uairs, plus it hits in front of ganon, so if you ever need a quick move that hits forward, use uair.

I don't use throws to fair that much, because most of the time they can di away/recover before your fair comes out, although i do do it when i can. many of the times you can get a bair, but sometimes you can only get a uair in.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
when you approach with a shffl uair, the opponent will probably expect you to do a Fair, his shield is probably angled up and toward you then to protect his head.

this is why the Uair can penetrate the sheild because the feet are exposed, but you have to do it at the lowest part, also it provides a little extra time for them to wear their shield down

another tricky thing you can do with ganon is a Full hop rising Fair -> to L canceled uair. all in one jump, you'll barely be able to see the animation from the Uair, but the hit box does come out. so this is very useful for a mind game or just an extra chance at running some ones shield down.

hmmm, that's about it really

let magus fill you in on some awesome secret though. :0)

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
hmm well ill try to keep that in mind ty for all the good ideas looks like i have something to practice for a bit

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I like to shuffle reverse uairs onto my grounded opponent so they slide backwards. I usually hit with the tip of the foot. Good spacing move too.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Uair is like ganons best move. Moreso for edgeguardind I digagree. Dthrow against floaties at mid-high % alot of the time the only thing u can hit them with afterwards is an Uair, and often enough, for the stock. Fall through platform Uair works well. Shffl Uair underneathe platforms on smaller stages for sure.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's a bad approach, needs a lot of time to set it up, fair is just better as an approach, a lot of reach (2nd longest fair i think) and it can't be sheild grabbed, uair can be sheild grabbed, it can juggle alright but never to start anything

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
it's a bad approach, needs a lot of time to set it up, fair is just better as an approach, a lot of reach (2nd longest fair i think) and it can't be sheild grabbed, uair can be sheild grabbed, it can juggle alright but never to start anything
As a horizontal approach it's terrible of course. I'm talking vertically. What do u mean by "needs a lot of time to set up"?? I'm not entirely sure I understood.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so pretty much it is a bad move to do straight at a person i do use it for juggling but not to start em so cool

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's really good if your opponent is harrasing you with SHFFLed air moves. When they jump at you, you can SHFFL a uair and it will almost always hit. even if it's an exchange of hits, it will still get them off your back. If u use uair immediately after u jump then u would be under the opponent at the time u uair IF they jump at you and the uair has a huge amount of priority when you're under them so it would probably hit them.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
As I said earlier, if you space and time the uair correctly they wont have a chance to sheild grab you because the uair has surprising horizontal range, nearly as much as the fair. You can also jump after the uair and maybe they grabbed so you get a free fair or a stomp=MINDGAMES! Its also a lot faster than the fair. I'm not saying this is a better approach but its quite useful for mixing things up and to use straight out of shield if they are out of grabbing range.

I am of course talking about jumping and uairing ASAP.

Doc:you can get him if you are fast
Mario: see Doc
Luigi: you have to be pretty fast but not as fast as the mario's
Bowser:Easy as hell
Peach: Easy
Yoshi: pretty hard
DK: pretty easy
C.Falcon: Easy
Ganon: if you cant get ganon.....you really suck
Falco: Medicore
Fox: a bit harder than falco
Ness: impossible
IC: impossible
Kirby: impossible
Samus: Easy
Zelda/Sheik: Easy
Link: Easy
Y. Link: Medicore
Pichu, Pikachu, Jigglypuff: Impossible
Mewtwo: Easy
Mr. Game and Watch: Impossible
Marth: Easy
Roy: Easy

Conclusion: Yes, shuffled Uairs are worth it.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
And you can hit EVERY character with reverse shuffled uair. >_>

Also, my favorite time to shuffle a uair is when they're on a platform just above me or if they're in the air, near eye-level with Ganon.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
it has wonderful priority in certain cases, example being i know everyone whos vs-ed a capt falcon can say the N-air is pesky to get passed but shffl-ed U-air pretty much wrecks it. Besides N-air and B-air all of capt falcons aerials take a bit of time to come out, so pretty much just U-air the ***** if he keeps challenging you with aerial priority.

No, it doesnt have the knock back of F-air, however it comes out alot faster than it with the added bonus of being able to still space it far enough out of shield grab range.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Take my advice people...listen to noobking. I personally love the UAir and I find myself using it quite often. Although the DAir and FAir are better for tech chasing, this move absolutely ***** players that are overly aggressive. I know until I learned to actually...you know...not go caveman on the other guy it ***** me at least...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
when you meant approach, i assumed you ran in and SHFFL'd with it, which is not a good idea since you have to deal the attack in order to hit with it, while it's good for mindgames, not the best choice

mindgaming into it is a great idea

reverse uair is not a good idea, it's better to use that defensively

and running off the stage and performing uair is not an approach, it's either an edgegaurd or mindgaming into it

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
You can kinda reverse u-air offensively. Run through the opponent while u-airing. They'll usually think that they're home free having evaded the first part only to get hit by the reverse portion. Not really an approach to spam, but a nice mix-up.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't fast fall my u-airs? I find the move kinda hard to l-cancel, so I just wait for the move to complete itself and "auto l-cancel".

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
You can kinda reverse u-air offensively. Run through the opponent while u-airing. They'll usually think that they're home free having evaded the first part only to get hit by the reverse portion. Not really an approach to spam, but a nice mix-up.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't fast fall my u-airs? I find the move kinda hard to l-cancel, so I just wait for the move to complete itself and "auto l-cancel".
Reverse Uair as an agressive attack would work best on Jiggs as many of us know. Ganon's reverse Uair if used effectively can act as a counter to Jiggs WOP.

Also, you SHOULD be able to comfortably fast fall and L-cancel ganons Uair in order to deal with different situations where u might just need to get the move off a little quicker or lower to the ground.

Top Bottom