• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shffl Nair into Shine

YouCMe

Smash Rookie
Tried to get a shine off after i do a shffl nair,but i could not get the exact timing to input the shine.

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
Well.. that's a really vague statement.. you won't get any specific hints - we need more Information

Can you show a recording of your gameplay? Do you use the 20XX hackpack?

Apart from that.. in general it's all about muscle memory.. make sure you press the buttons in the right order by instinct first, then start worrying about the timing by practicing - eventually you will get it down.

YouCMe

Smash Rookie
was clicking the b button whenever i land but the shine does not seems to come out at all,and yes i do use the 20XX hackpack.

Last edited:

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
Mmmh, well you either press the B button too quickly, or you mess it up completeley during- probably- the fast fall..
I would try slowing the gamespeed down and see if you can do it then.. then increase the speed again.. also looking at your hands while doing it (maybe with a cam- that helped me) might make mistakes a bit more obvious.

YouCMe

Smash Rookie
I think i already sort of figuring out my problem when i do shffl nair and by confirming that,I have a question:When doing shffl nair,should my analog stick to be in neutral position after i fast fall,then input the shine after that?

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
I'm keeping it downwards for the shine - haven't had any problems with higher techs yet due to that.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Ur missing a lot of l-cancels for one. I would start by just getting used to jumping out of shine, then add aerials after. Its just a feel for he timing that u have to develop. No tricks to it unfortunately. When u find the rhythm it will be easier.

YouCMe

Smash Rookie
But this is 20XX hackpack and i have turn on where it flashes red when i missed a l cancel,so i clearly did not miss any l cancels at all.And i'm already used to jumping out of shine.

Edit:Solved the problem and being able to do it 70% of the time,thanks for the help :).

Last edited:

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
But this is 20XX hackpack and i have turn on where it flashes red when i missed a l cancel,so i clearly did not miss any l cancels at all.And i'm already used to jumping out of shine.

Edit:Solved the problem and being able to do it 70% of the time,thanks for the help :).
U missed 3 and buffered shield on one attempt just in the first few seconds. Like u said it blinked red.

Top Bottom