• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHFFL Nair for tech chasing

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Could a SHFFL'd nair be good for tech chasing? I've been trying it out, and it seems good, but that's a computer, not a real player.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Yeah, but not necessarily the best option. You could dair, or bair if you can hit the sweetspot.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I think it's a fairly good option depending on percent. At higher percents when the nair's almost definitely gonna knock them off the edge, sure. Get your edgeguard. At lower percents, I'd say maybe just get over there for another grab.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I think it's a fairly good option depending on percent. At higher percents when the nair's almost definitely gonna knock them off the edge, sure. Get your edgeguard. At lower percents, I'd say maybe just get over there for another grab.
Really depends on your playstyle, I'm pretty flashy so dair would be my thing.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
TBH I never use Marth's dair unless I'm spiking or need to bat somebody who doesn't realize I'm out of hitstun away from me. I really hate it out of those situations.

DeadPigeon

Smash Apprentice
Dair leads into so much against high % grounded opponents. It's not easy to land, but if you can, the followups are juicy.

RoyIsOurBoy_TTG

Smash Journeyman
Never down-air when your opponents are at low percentages. The lack of hitstun/knockback, the challenge of landing the sweetspot, and the amount of lag afterwards makes it a weak option, IMO. I've found that if you tech away after getting Dair-ed at low percent, the Marth isn't going to be able to get a followup punish quick enough, sometimes even when L-cancelled. It's really only useful at high percentages or when gimping an opponent.

I say rising fair, d-tilt, and re-grab are good techchasing options against low % opponents, and of course use your dash dance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom