• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

She's Got A Bomb 1 - Midwest Circuit Tourny Event - St.Louis, MO AUG. 11th

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
August 11th

Sector 19
137 Lemay Ferry Road
Saint Louis, Missouri, 63125
Phone: 314-769-9650
Store Owner: Leland Beasley

www.myspace.com/Sector19
http://www.igames.org/PlayerEventLocal.asp?reg=1&LocationEventID=48694

Entry Fee: The Entry fee will be:

Singles - $15
Doubles - $30 ($15 a person)

$5 venue fee at the door (For our gracious hosts!)

Circuit Points: The stuff that Darkrain combos are made of! As usual, you will be playing for circuit points that will be used throughout the entire midwest circuit. Points count toward seeding at all Midwest Circuit events, including the Circuit Championship.

Pot Split: The pot will be split 60/30/10 for both teams and singles. The venue will NOT be taking anything from the pot, but rather just the door fee.

15% will be taken out for the Circuit Tourny Championship.

FIRST PLACE ALSO WINS A RESERVED COPY OF SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL

Housing: The venue will be providing a special deal for anyone who wishes to arrive the night before the tourny. For $10, you can stay the night at the venue, with the back room providing smash playing for those of you who like to be dead tired for tournies the next day.

It's a great alternative to getting a hotel, but make sure to bring your sleeping bag and a pillow!

For any of you who might need an alternative method of housing for whatever reason, I suggest posting in the St.Louis Discussion Thread and talking with the locals for possible solutions.

Tourny Rules:

•RR into double elimination bracket
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters:
•Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
•Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise for doubles
•Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64
•Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
•Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

Other Rules & Special Issues

---Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), including cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are NOT allowed.
-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned.
--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Welcome to St.Louis! Don't forget to bring your best low tier ;)

-Zig

Big_R

Smash Champion
I want to go to this. I don't even know what state it is in. I don't think I have been here before though. No I will not look in the first post to see the state either.

mathos

Smash Champion
I wonder if this should be in both the regional and national tournament boards? But anyhow everyone should be coming to this.

The final season of MELEE is at hand!

mathos

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter if brawl sucks the successor will replace the current version. Hence Street Fighter Fight for the Future to the Extreme 1,000,000,000 tournaments.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you guys might want to merge the threads together... this one holds no real info

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
This thread is just for people who dont check the regional thing.

Also, signups are at 11, tourny at noon. Doubles then singles, as per usual.

Top Bottom