• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sHell's Wario Guide*UPDATED*AUG17 More Matchup changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat_K

Smash Cadet
I have another question. Can Wario go on his bike holding anything, and how dose Wario's bike work with other Warios, meaning can they ride it and dose it become theres?

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
I have another question. Can Wario go on his bike holding anything, and how dose Wario's bike work with other Warios, meaning can they ride it and dose it become theres?

I've gone on a bike while holding a tire from a previous bike, yea. Any item help should be able to.

If Wario A leaves his bike on the floor then Wario B gets on it and rams Wario A off the stage, Wario A won't be able to use his bike as a recovery because its still considered Wario A's bike. So yea, technically "steals", but really if Wario A just left his bike on the floor and would get smacked off, he wouldnt be able to use it back anyhow.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
I played Wario in the tournament in Worcester last night and I have to say that he's pretty cool. His recovery did rock, the moves were badass...and Warioman felt pretty good, although I thought that his FS not being a 'instawin' one sucked XD In the second round I managed to net a smash ball, and as I was transforming I accidentally hit side B and spawned on the cycle, riding into my opponent whilst saying '****, ****, ****, oh ****' XD It was hella fast, and the surprise KOed my opponent...somehow I managed to barely turn at the edge and jump off before I was sent off the edge...

However, I was eliminated in the third round against Pit. As Blue Shell has said, one of Wario's main downfalls is his lack of range, which is not good against Pit... I got totally *****, but it was still fun XD My opponent also complimented me on playing Wario, he wanted to fight a Wario coz he or his friends thought he was gonna suck, but after seeing me play they thought he was cool XD

In any case, I'm going to require a bit more practice with Wario to play him well. Shell, your guide gave me some pretty useful tips, too, so I thank you ^^ Although I was too nervous to play very well and I'm pretty bad at Smash in general at the moment, too XD I'm not sure if Wario will end up my main, as I wish to try Ike, Snake, and a few others as well, but so far I can say Wario feels somewhat comfortable to me.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
5. Wario is a sexy delicious beast.
:laugh:

CONCLUSION

I absolutely swear now that Wario will be very very commonly used when people learn what he could do. So just get ready for ALOT of people to jump on the bandwagon and start using him once his potential is realized by others. Seriously, lol.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Everybody should get off the bandwagon and go play Luigi instead. :chuckle:

Edit: and I'd like to say, before this bandwagonning starts, that I've been waiting for Wario to be in Smash since 1999. :p

Like anybody cares.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda sad you say he's going to be used by lots of people later, hope I can get on the bandwagon.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Blue sHell said:
]1. If you throw Wario's bike right on top of someone while they are recovering, the bike literally drags them down with it. It's halarious.
OH man, that is such great news to me. The only reason I thought to main Wario was because I could use his bike as an Edgeguard, kinda like Peach's turnips in manipulating the trajectory of the falling bike to hit opponents; besides throwing it on them (as that would take some time to take out pick up and hitting them with the throw I've seen seems to be hard) do you know if it IS indeed viable to run the bike off the edge to guard?

Can't eat pikmin for some reason, nope.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes my super-awesome-hilariously funny idea for a drawing, Wario getting ready to eat dinner with what else on the plate but a Pikmin :'( makes me sad that you can't... I mean it MAKES SENSE PEOPLE *bawwww!*

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
I'll play as him every once in a while, but I think I'll stick to the green lightning and Red Meteor (Mario and Luigi)

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
OH man, that is such great news to me. The only reason I thought to main Wario was because I could use his bike as an Edgeguard, kinda like Peach's turnips in manipulating the trajectory of the falling bike to hit opponents; besides throwing it on them (as that would take some time to take out pick up and hitting them with the throw I've seen seems to be hard) do you know if it IS indeed viable to run the bike off the edge to guard?
As long as you're on the bike it can run them down. If you jump off, it has no hit box. So, if they're below the stage line, you can totally drive right onto them.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
As long as you're on the bike it can run them down. If you jump off, it has no hit box. So, if they're below the stage line, you can totally drive right onto them.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The whole idea behind it was running it off, so you could hit further away than a normal edgeguard, because at that space without running too far out you could probably hit them with other moves as well :(

I'll still probably end up maining Wario, because I've devoted so much thought into it... Wario is llike the new Jigglypuff for Brawl

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
You still get extra reach from it, and you get an extra jump. And name something sexier than popping a wheelie off a cliff and killing someone else.

sHell, how useful do you feel stutter stepping is? I think once we get it instinctively down, it'll be great. I didn't get a lot of play time after I read about it, but how much extra reach do you think it gives him?

And I'd like to say, before this bandwagon starts, that I've been banking on Wario since E3 2006.

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Bah Wario won't be THAT overused. There are still "cooler" good characters like Marth, and the space animals, Luigi looks pretty beast too.

Or maybe I just really don't want Wario to be overused....that would suck.

Either way I'm just glad Wario is good.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Y'know, I am almost sad that Wario is looking so good... as I got so hyped up for Wario, I was kinda looking forward to maining a low teir ^D^

Glad that he isn't though, and I won't have to work quite as hard to do good with him.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on possibly maining Wario, want to play the game before I decide between anyone... but anyways...
I have a question- Wario's F-smash with super armor frames, how exactly does the super armor work? Do you have super armor charging it, throughout the animaiton, and in the final frames, or is it only in a specific portion of the attack? I wasn't able to find anything clear, and I wanted to know for sure, as it might effect how it is used.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I'm planning on possibly maining Wario, want to play the game before I decide between anyone... but anyways...
I have a question- Wario's F-smash with super armor frames, how exactly does the super armor work? Do you have super armor charging it, throughout the animaiton, and in the final frames, or is it only in a specific portion of the attack? I wasn't able to find anything clear, and I wanted to know for sure, as it might effect how it is used.
I can partly answer that question. Wario's fsmash got SA frames right before he lunges forward to attack, that is, before he actually hits. Look at 4:14 of this video (Wario vs Link):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gtPHYMo6O-w

See? Wario brushes off Link's dair, *then* tackles.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I see what you mean. Wow, I am excited to try that out, I can see it being implemented so many ways. That is going to be a key to playing as Wario.

Colten

Smash Cadet
Bah Wario won't be THAT overused. There are still "cooler" good characters like Marth, and the space animals, Luigi looks pretty beast too.

Or maybe I just really don't want Wario to be overused....that would suck.

Either way I'm just glad Wario is good.
Wario is so much cooler than Marth

Like someone just stated, what's sexier than poping a wheelie on a motorcycle, driving off a cliff, killing someone in the process?
Marth looks like a girl, he's always playin with his hair and whatnot.​

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Wario is so much cooler than Marth

Like someone just stated, what's sexier than poping a wheelie on a motorcycle, driving off a cliff, killing someone in the process?
Marth looks like a girl, he's always playin with his hair and whatnot.​
No no no no, I like Wario A LOT more than Marth. I hate Marth I agree with what you said, **** tierra wearing pansy.

But I'm saying in general Marth is pretty popular as are a lot of other chars.

Really I'm just hoping Wario isn't overused but even if he is I'd use him, I don't care I've wanted Wario for awhile.

Colten

Smash Cadet
No no no no, I like Wario A LOT more than Marth. I hate Marth I agree with what you said, **** tierra wearing pansy.

But I'm saying in general Marth is pretty popular as are a lot of other chars.

Really I'm just hoping Wario isn't overused but even if he is I'd use him, I don't care I've wanted Wario for awhile.
That's what I wanted to hear. In Brawl, does anyone know if Wario will be better than Ike in Tier?​

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
That's what I wanted to hear. In Brawl, does anyone know if Wario will be better than Ike in Tier?​
No. No one knows. No one knows anything about tiers. They do not exist yet. It will take a while. Stop asking.
Anyway, you know Wario is better than Ike in your heart and that's what matters.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
lol i know like 20 people (no joke) that think marth is a girl.
Until I was told of Smashboards and competitive smash a little over a year ago, I too thought marth was a girl :/ lol

Oh, and Brown Paper Sack, havent' you heard? Tires DO exits. How else could Wario ride his bike? :D

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I've got a quick few combo questions. The other day I was thinking of how cool a U-throw to U-air combo would be for killing, and maybe set it up with a F-air. Is this possible, or is there too much lag after the U-throw? Also, would a U-throw to D-air be good for racking damage?

Thanks,
Agent 1337

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
So after watching some Diddy videos, I think Wario will be a good counter to him. He chucks bananas all day, so Wario just eats them! And suddenly Diddy has to spend all his time trying to get bananas out or just play without them. This seems like a good disruption to Diddy's gameplay, and I'm sure it'll work well against Dedede as well.

Fat_K

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if for your next update you can tell us some of the percentages to the moves you will use a lot when using Wario. Also if possible tell us how fast the moves get diminished. And can you explain how Wario plays against dedede and what tactics to use against him?

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
You are a god. Now I want to main Wario even more.

Thank you. <3
I am not a god.

I am player that got Brawl this morning. :chuckle:

I'm gonna get a fresh cup of coffee, then I'm going to ****in MAIN the **** out of Wario. :laugh:

Wish me luck, and have fun.

Have fun y'all!

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
OMFG WARIO IS AMAZING!!!!! i love his playing style. holy **** he just got bumped up to my secondary! :)
I've been playing with Wario sence release and it's just awsome! Everything I hoped for. Me and my friends have been playing with smashballs for the fun of it and I get the smash ball 75% of the time :) I didn't know he was invulnerable too! I kill them so bad! It's hillarious. They fear Warioman. They try and suicide, I'm like "no you don't!" and I kill them off the stage. Love it. Just excited to be playing if you can't tell. Wario is the shiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom