• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Throws More Free

awesome13579

Smash Rookie
In Super Smash Bros Melee, Sheik had a good back throw for gimps, while her down throw in NTSC had assured combos and tech chases, with the cost of being slow to DI properly for less deadly hits.

In Project M, Sheik's down throw was made to be a mix between NTSC and PAL down throws. While this would seem fine, the throw is VERY fast. In addition to this, her back throw was changed to combo as well, also being fairly quick.

Wasn't the idea of changing her down throw to make her less broken, preventing assured grab combos? Due to its speed and the mix up between that and the back throw, which again is very fast, sheik can combo more easily than in Melee, for it's 50/50 to reaction of the grab, as well as the proper DI.

I feel that her back throw should be reverted back to the Melee back throw. Again, the point of the down throw was to prevent her from being too good, but the speed of it as well as the similar back throw are too much. Project M already has too many free grab combos and kills, and sheik does not deserve more free kills than in Melee.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
wait you mean i have to DI spontaneously to get out of a sheik combo? I DEMAND CHANGE.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
It's wayyy less silly than always getting 0-death'd by dthrows repeatedly, trust me brah. It allows for a more fair tech-chasing scenario and makes it happen a lot faster than that slow-ass one in Melee, which helps move things along. Sheik benefits a little bit as well, because of its fastness, she can do new tricks like b-throw dropzone.

Sheik never had trouble getting opponents offstage anyway; b-throw gimps were superfluous and a transparent gimmick.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if her bthrow was reverted, you could option select DI away and never get throw combo'd by sheik. this is not acceptable, sorry.

Magus420

Smash Master
It's not entirely 50/50 like that. On a good amount of characters she can combo dash attack, needles, and in some cases near combo a running d-smash on either throw even on "correct" DI for it. You reduce followups at the risk of eating stronger ones from the other, but don't always avoid them completely even if you DI for the right one.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
How long is Sheik's backthrow? In other words, if I DI for dthrow as soon as I get grabbed how long do I have to react and then switch DI if the Sheik decides to bthrow instead?

Missile

Smash Apprentice
if her bthrow was reverted, you could option select DI away and never get throw combo'd by sheik. this is not acceptable, sorry.
Completely agree.

She is more fair as-is, compared to Melee, throw-wise.

D

Deleted member

i want melee backthrow back

i also want upthrow to combo fastfallers from 0

fair should hit like a homerun bat hit

Top Bottom