• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's side-B: hitbox and TransN help?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'm trying to make a Gallade moveset for Sheik, but the side-B refuses to cooperate.
For reference, it's an attack move that acts like Fox/Falco's side-B (and in fact uses Falco's animation), but with the hitbox traveling in front of Gallade, cloaked in darkness, prior to him moving (animating the ThrowN bone forward with a hitbox attached).

The hitboxes I'm adding in refuse to register, and on the ground, Gallade won't even move. The "Moves Character" option in PSA is checked for the animation, the TransN bone is animated, yet he won't so much as budge. The shadow graphic goes forward (again, without a working hitbox), but Gallade just does the animation in one place, not registering the TransN movement. For some reason, Gallade moves just fine in midair.
Help please?

Toomai

Smash Ace
Sheik's chain hitboxes have unknown unique coding that allows them to follow the chain's physics. The only thing I can think of that might help is giving them IDs in the range of 10-14 or something.

As for the not moving, that might have something to do with some other hidden physics of the move. Instead, you can try adding momentum with something like 0e080200.

Top Bottom