• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's New Final Smash?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'm under the impression that many of the returning Final Smashes we saw in the Demo were simply ported over from Brawl so certain characters with unfinished Final Smashes could have something. Giga Bowser, for example, retained Bowser's Side Smash from Brawl (the headbutt) rather than getting Bowser's new Side Smash (the drop kick). This suggests that some (at the very least Bowser's) Final Smashes are incomplete. So there's hope, slim though it may be.
Idk, it may come from the fact that Giga Bowser's enormous model would look awkward and glitchy trying to drop kick or use the new bair, so they may have retained the original moves for that, or for the fans who liked them to still have them be there. The old moves also fit Giga Bowser's savage fighting better I think.

I don't like Sheik having Light Arrow or TL having Triforce Slash, but I can accept it. ZSS NEEDED a new final smash due to her character split, while Sheik technically didn't. What concerns me is if we get another Landmaster fiasco...if we have duplicate Final Smashes again, that doesn't bode well for an original Wolf FS, which is my only complaint about him.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai is adjusting Final Smashes based on effectiveness, not duplication. ZSS, Kirby and Pit had terrible Brawl Final Smashes, and thus got new ones. Triforce Slash and Light Arrow were somewhat effective, so they'll stay. Sakurai is probably trying to balance them better (nerfing Super Sonic and buffing Giga Bowser and Super Dragon are just a couple examples), so it wouldn't surprise me if he left cloned Final Smashes in to save time since they're ultimately still effective moves.

The_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
I think Sakurai is adjusting Final Smashes based on effectiveness, not duplication. ZSS, Kirby and Pit had terrible Brawl Final Smashes, and thus got new ones. Triforce Slash and Light Arrow were somewhat effective, so they'll stay. Sakurai is probably trying to balance them better (nerfing Super Sonic and buffing Giga Bowser and Super Dragon are just a couple examples), so it wouldn't surprise me if he left cloned Final Smashes in to save time since they're ultimately still effective moves.
That may be the case. Maybe he will only change the cloned ones if he has enough free time after he finishes the important parts of the game. But personally, I hate cloned final smashes more than weak ones. And I assume most fans agree with me too.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Eh, ZSS' FS was pretty good actually. It just could not be the same thing in this game as it was her putting her suit back on.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
ZSS's Final Smash was the exact opposite of good in Brawl. :p Can't wait to try her new one in Sm4sh.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
But Mario's still sucks.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wouldn't count of any of the demo characters getting new Final Smashes. They've had to be programmed for this game's engine in the first place, after all. If they were to have new Final Smashes, they'd have been shown.

This said, am I the only one who doesn't mind Sheik's FS still being Light Arrow? I'm more upset as DK's Final Smash being the same. Sure, it has now a thing to know when to press the button, but it's still not that good.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
I dont think so, but i really hope these final smashes is not final, at least they can give Sheik and TLink new final smashes (cuz maby they only shoved zelda and links Final smashes on to Sheik and toonLink cuz sheik and toon links Fs whern't done yet).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wasn't it confirmed somewhere that Sheik got her old Final Smash from Brawl again?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wouldn't count of any of the demo characters getting new Final Smashes. They've had to be programmed for this game's engine in the first place, after all. If they were to have new Final Smashes, they'd have been shown.

This said, am I the only one who doesn't mind Sheik's FS still being Light Arrow? I'm more upset as DK's Final Smash being the same. Sure, it has now a thing to know when to press the button, but it's still not that good.
Smash Balls are the only item I always play with off so they don't really effect me either way. :p

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Those Final Smashes might be placeholders? Now, where was the "grasping at straws" topic again...

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
Totally should include her Harp! she could play her own theme and it would be awesome! :D

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Yes, thanks for reminding me of the harp's importance to Sheik in OoT. But would you not rather use the harp for a taunt? The harp is probably the most fitting item for Sheik's final smash, though.

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
Yes, thanks for reminding me of the harp's importance to Sheik in OoT. But would you not rather use the harp for a taunt? The harp is probably the most fitting item for Sheik's final smash, though.
No Problem! Yeah I think some people think that Sheik's first game was melee, and don't even realize that sheik guided Link through Hyrule with the Harp. Teaching him new songs and giving him advice! And yeah, I guess the taunt would be cool.. But NO BRAWL FINAL SMASH. It was a waste. Sheik is not an ARCHER!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
No Problem! Yeah I think some people think that Sheik's first game was melee, and don't even realize that sheik guided Link through Hyrule with the Harp. Teaching him new songs and giving him advice! And yeah, I guess the taunt would be cool.. But NO BRAWL FINAL SMASH. It was a waste. Sheik is not an ARCHER!
Sheik doesn't handle needles, grenades nor chains; she also doesn't show any kind of fighting technique either. Which is why complaining that she displays no archery technique is silly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom