• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheiks chain suck on purpose ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
ok me and my friend robert (hero) we're actually debating if the makers of the game purposely made sheiks chain suck so sheik wont be completly riged i debated if they can change sheik take the chain out and put in a more useful move ( as in to kill or to rack up damage or some kind of move thats perfect for a mind game ) hero agured that sheik would be riged if that happened now what you u guys think

hrairoo

Smash Cadet
Hard to say for sure, but I would say that sheik's chain is intentionally bad. If they replaced it with a useful move, everyone who claims that sheik is broken would be undeniably right. It's a matter of keeping the game balanced.

Banksya

Smash Ace
Not everyone plays smash at tournament level, the chain is a fun gimmicky move for noobs and can be annoying in FFA probly. That is most likely its purpose.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Just remember that Sheik's chain absolutely DESTROYS some characters recoveries. Link's comes to mind as just letting the chain hang completely removes his ability to u-b to a sweetspot and the same for if he hookshots it etc.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Sheik was so broken when the game was created that the designers wasted two of her move slots in order to make her fair to play. Those move slots are side-B (the chain) and down-B (transform). Neither of these moves should ever be used except in the following circumstances:

Down-B: If you are about to lose to a high/top tier character, press down-b to transform right before you die and make some john about being suck/bottom tier.

Side-B: If you're trying to recover and you know you can't quite make it to the stage, you can throw the chain out and try to grapple the side. It works every time as long as it's your last stock.

Banksya

Smash Ace
well ur second suggestion also works for a john

"i used the chain by accident instead of up b."

altho sometimes that really does happen... >_>

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I used to do that all the time T.T

It still happens occasionally.

As for the chain... there are a few instances when it can be useful, including edgegaurding, and in some of the target stages if you're playing with the AR. There are places where you can essentially put up an impassable wall and stall out the match if you need to, because of some narrow passageways.

Ares726

Smash Ace
As for the chain... there are a few instances when it can be useful, including edgegaurding
No.

Don't use the chain for edgeguarding. Don't use the chain unless you're trying to grapple the stage. It works for edgeguarding against computers, not people. If it's working against people, they're really computers.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Well I just figured my edgegaurding game sucked.

I'll stop doing that then. >.>

Uh... maybe if you need to dodge a projectile in midair, but you don't want to use up your third jump? ._.

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
the chain does work for edge guarding, but u have to calculate where the opponent will land, kinda confusing but try it and you'll see what i mean and i want to see an experienced almost pro sheik play. And does any body no news about sheik in brawl? if so tell me please

Casper

Smash Rookie
No.

Don't use the chain for edgeguarding. Don't use the chain unless you're trying to grapple the stage. It works for edgeguarding against computers, not people. If it's working against people, they're really computers.
I disagree ares , chain SHOULD be used to edge guard space creatures and links possilby samus it also racks up massive damge percent even if they do get on the stage....

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Why would anyone think of using the chain to edgeguard? Sure it is its only possible purpose, but arial needles are so much better! They take out Fox, Falco, Marth, and many others! The angle... oh man. They are absolutely devastating...

Anyway, yeah, just don't use the chain. Pretend you don't know how to use it.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Also, there is no new news about Sheik in Brawl, only speculation. I'm hoping Sheik will be in it though!

Ares726

Smash Ace
I disagree ares , chain SHOULD be used to edge guard space creatures and links possilby samus it also racks up massive damge percent even if they do get on the stage....
Read the following post:

Why would anyone think of using the chain to edgeguard? aerial needles are so much better!

Anyway, yeah, just don't use the chain. Pretend you don't know how to use it.
If you use the chain to edgeguard, even against space animals, you're making the wrong decision. Also, part of your argument was that it racks up damage even if they do get on the stage. The point of edgeguarding is to keep them off the stage. Needles/fair/bair/nair/dsmash accomplish this paramount goal; the chain does not.

Noobs and computers use the chain against other noobs and computers. I've never seen anyone good use the chain...ever.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
NOT ANOTHER CHAIN TOPIC? T.T;;;;

god****it people, god****it.

the only time i ever use the chain is if people are in the pit in pokemon stadium on the level with the giant rock. The chain can go into the pit and smack them. It's funny in a sheik ditto because the chain can go into the pit, but the sheik in the pit can't get the chain to go outside of the pit.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
The chain does work against most people who dont post on this board...that im sure of, even as a edge guard technique.

I can get it to work on heavy characters, c. falcon, and Ice Climbers, but thats about it.

Casper

Smash Rookie
Read the following post:

If you use the chain to edgeguard, even against space animals, you're making the wrong decision. Also, part of your argument was that it racks up damage even if they do get on the stage. The point of edgeguarding is to keep them off the stage. Needles/fair/bair/nair/dsmash accomplish this paramount goal; the chain does not.

Noobs and computers use the chain against other noobs and computers. I've never seen anyone good use the chain...ever.
i guess you must think that dsf and drephen are noobs cause they use it. i do agree that theres things like needles and fairs and bairs that can **** recoveries but chain does have its advantage vs space animals and other caracters and dont call other noobs cause ucant use it correctly but yah on one point i agree chain shouldnt be used all the time only when u know its gonna work and i do agree you should use evrything else before u use the chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom