• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik + Zelda?

Roscoewolf

Smash Cadet
Sometimes i wonder if they tried to gear sheik towards pure damage dealing and combo ability, with the idea that players may take that approach, and switch to Zelda for the kill.
I myself wouldnt bother , I enjoy sheik too much
But I wonder if that was ever an Intent
maybe?

A sidenote about Sheik's teir position , I feel its important to note not only her current abilities but the fact that she has the option of utalizing Zeldas move set when needed, this may have been more a justification for the developers on some of her nerfs. Not that this wasnt concidered in melee, but Zelda has been buffed for brawl i feel.

Rikuo

Smash Cadet
Its strange. The transformation from Zelda to Sheik is noticeably longer than the change from Sheik to Zelda. Perhaps their intention wasn't necessarily to have all players use both characters as much as to have Sheik users incorporate a little Zelda into their Sheik... I can't explain why they wouldn't have the exact same transformation time otherwise.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
I guess it helps Shiek turning into Zelda FOR a kill, whilst the longer time back to Shiek is once they are dying doesn't matter. Maybe that was the thinking. Either way, I'll try a bit of both and see how it goes, as least you get rid of stale moves >_>

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
It definitely seems as though they intended for it to be a shiek zelda combo indeed. Sadly I'm not really comfortable with that.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i really dont think this will pay off...
zeldas fair and Bair are really hard to Hit with, and the Uair can be easily dodged (thanks new-dodging system)
other than that zeldas only killing move is the Forwardsmash and Up Smash/Tilt

i think Zelda is a better character for herself, with comboing inta a Fair at lower percentages and then killing
but i think it will be Hard to Kill with Zelda at High percentages

also the Transformation time is incredibly long, so it'll only be possible to transform while the enemy is recovering or Dead.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
It definitely seems as though they intended for it to be a shiek zelda combo indeed. Sadly I'm not really comfortable with that.
...That's the whole point of the character. It's been that way since Melee. They are ONE character. That's like saying "Well, I like <insert character name>'s ground attacks, but his/her aerial ability sucks. Oh, well; rather than seeing that as character balance, I'm upset because now I have to stick with only one small part of the whole moveset and now I'm underpowered!"

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik + Zelda = wishful thinking

As someone who regularly used Sheik and Zelda in Melee I was really hoping that they would make her more compactable with her slip personalities in brawl but with the length transformation time and the fact that Zelda can't really do any sort of combos at higher percentages, clearly Sakurai thought a dual character was a bad idea...Now I'm going to stay loyal to Sheik for at least the next year or so to see how the meta game developers but I really can’t help but wonder why they wouldn’t just remove Sheik from brawl if they where going to nerf her so badly?

TheLake

Smash Master
They didnt put sheik in melee because she would ****. They put her in because shes a "cool" addition. Like wise since she was so popular in melee sakuri brought her back (this explains falcos return as well...poor krystal ):) for brawl.

As for me im gonna just stick it as zelda ;P

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
What about transforming after a hard upward hit, then staying as Zelda? As long as she can get back on the stage (or play an edge game like Sheik's) then that'd be a good time to switch for the KO.

Top Bottom