• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik/Zelda hybrid on the tier list?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I noticed that Brawl's tier list has a spot for only Zelda, a spot for only Sheik, and a spot for both. (Pokémon Trainer only has one I assume because of stamina). It's very well possible that it's just more advantageous to switch between them in Brawl than it ever was in Melee but I'm curious how using and mastering both movesets and switching between them would fare as compared to working with each solo. Thoughts?

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I don't know where she'd go on a tier list, but here's a video of Ice using Sheilda pretty effectively against Hungrybox:

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I was gonna use the term "Sheilda" but I didn't know if people would get it. I'll def check it out :)

Pauer

The Pauerful
The only reason why ice went Zelda was because they're playing PAL(European and Australian version) . In PAL, sheik has no down-throw follow-ups and her upair doesn't kill. Both of those hurt her a lot because you don't have good kill options so puff lives forever. Ice went Zelda because she has strong moves and her slowness doesn't affect her as much because puff isn't as mobile as, say fox who can run circles around her.
In NTSC, sheik is simply better at everything.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
The only reason why ice went Zelda was because they're playing PAL(European and Australian version) . In PAL, sheik has no down-throw follow-ups and her upair doesn't kill. Both of those hurt her a lot because you don't have good kill options so puff lives forever. Ice went Zelda because she has strong moves and her slowness doesn't affect her as much because puff isn't as mobile as, say fox who can run circles around her.
In NTSC, sheik is simply better at everything.
That was at Apex 2015. They were definitely on NTSC, not PAL.

Pauer

The Pauerful
That was at Apex 2015. They were definitely on NTSC, not PAL.
Yeah sorry you're completely right. I assumed you linked an older vod that I watched a while back because that one was also filmed by a spectator. Perhaps I'll find the link.
I still think that it only makes sense in PAL (if at all).

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Zelda can cheese vs ICs, or people who jump a lot, or people who don't get extremely in your face and do frame unsafe stuff. She can also quickly and reliable poke at feet from on any side platform from the ground, or from a drop through. Really, she probably doesn't add too much non-trolly stuff, but I guess reflecting a charge shot with Nayru's love is something?

Honestly, if you're experienced, it's not hard landing tipper fair or bair during edgeguards on Peach, Puff, Falco, Falcon, pretty much any mid or low tier of the low tiers (so long as you can actually reach them), or hitting any of them out of a short hop (fullhop rising fairs make the sweetspot easier at many ranges, if you miss, go to a platform). It's not even hard to do it to Sheik when she jumps or ftilts your shield. Forcing trades with Puff at different heights can also be done reliably.

I guess spaced fsmash can be okay vs shields if the opponent doesn't know what shield DI is, and ftilt or utilt or dash attack to fair or bair can be nice but... Wait, you can do that with Sheik too! :cool:

Well, you can do a nair oos that might be better vs the opponent shielding the nair, and even offer you the opportunity to cross them up but, I say only use Zelda if people don't know how to camp her and just try to CC everything or space things in the air really hard, or don't space things at all on in either the air or the ground.

Top Bottom