• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik/Zelda and the Elements

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I know this is nothing interesting is terms of tactics. It is just something curious I was thinking about Sheik and Zelda powers. Their special abilities somehow resembles many of the natural elements:

Fire: Din's Fire.
Water: Nayru's Love ( It seems like Water/Ice , ice mirror, or something like that).
Air: Farore's Wind.
Earth: Needles ( metal are related to earth powers in many games).
Electricity: Whip (it electrocutes, nothing more to say xD).
Light: Light Arrow.
Void/Darkness: Vanish.
Moon: Transform ( This was just random XD).

This somehow makes Zelda/Sheik more interesting to me as a dual character. Any comments?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
She was kinda the sage of everything in OoT. Pretty much combined the other sages powers.

Shadow,
Water
Fire
Time
Earth
Spirit

Then Zelda adds light to those as the leader.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
hmm that is interesting, i think its mostly coincidental though especially considering Sheik's

Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind were all special magic items from OoT based on the elemental godesses who created Hyrule and the world (and the triforce). And Zelda was the seventh Sage. So Zelda is definitely like elemental but Sheik not so much.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Wow.. so the sages had those Elements? Can you relate them to Zelda/Sheik powers?
Well, for Zelda yes.

Sheik didn't exhibit any special abilities in her only appearance, in OoT.

She was able to "Vanish" after a burst from a deku nut. She was taught to fight by the Sheikahs. I don't know about OoT but in Brawl she carries a dagger. Her moveset was created for SSB though.

I like to think that Zelda's playstyle somewhat resembles the Wisdom aspect of her designated triforce in that you need to play mind games, wait for opportunities and time sweetspots. It's not something I've thought of in depth, so I can already see plenty of plotholes. I forget my other reasons for Link and Ganon.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The only thing I don't get is why Zelda can kick lightning from her feet, but as soon as she puts on ninja clothes, her body parts aren't magical anymore:)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik doesn't use the sage magic of Zelda in order to further protect her identity.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is not broken at all. It's a F-air character. ^^
Fixed. :p

As mentioned above, Zelda has been a semi-leader of sages in various games, so it's not hard to imagine her with various elemental powers. That being said, Sheik's entire purpose was to hide Zelda's identity, so Sheik could never use her elemental powers, lest she lower her guise. Remember, as soon as Zelda used her magic to transform back into her true form in OoT, Ganondorf was able to locate and capture her.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Fixed. :p

As mentioned above, Zelda has been a semi-leader of sages in various games, so it's not hard to imagine her with various elemental powers. That being said, Sheik's entire purpose was to hide Zelda's identity, so Sheik could never use her elemental powers, lest she lower her guise. Remember, as soon as Zelda used her magic to transform back into her true form in OoT, Ganondorf was able to locate and capture her.
I wonder why he was able to find her when she grew her hair longer and wore a dress.

Do the three of them send off like signals or something? Ohhhh. Did he have spies lurking? I think there were spies.

Top Bottom