• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik & Watch teams banned at EVO.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
Banning regular bucket is a bad solution because it doesn't cover non-customs events...a situation that I know some would love to ignore, but pretty much every big post-EVO tournament is non-customs so we need a better solution than ban default bucket.

It makes the most sense to ban problematic teams as they come and if they prove to be a dominant trend. Sheik + G&W is one. Other theoretical teams don't actually matter, if issues come up we ban more teams and if not we just leave it alone.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
i don't think banning default bucket is a good solution. i have all his down b customs unlocked and one of them fills faster but does less damage, and the other one does more damage but has a smaller hitbox when it absorbs a projectile

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, it shouldn't be a big deal to (at least temporarily) ban this team. G&W/Shiek will still be playable in other teams. As for how this team can be unbanned next patch.
Change Vanish to something like a physical attack or something.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I do not think it's a big deal. I think it's pointless as this is the second time people found a brainless good strategy involving that bucket. Unless a change is made to the Bucket itself, it's only matter of time until it breaks again.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Villager + G&W seems like it has the potential to become the replacement for the Sheik & Watch strat.

It requires you be at the ledge, but Villager can fill the bucket in less then a second by repeatedly deploying the Lloid Rocket into the side of the stage to produce bucketable explosions, and it'll still OHKO.

Hiino

Smash Rookie
Kind of ambitious, but...
What about making it so G&W can't bucket projectiles from teammates altogether? Using the bucket on them would simply cancel them. Wouldn't that work out?
By extension, what about making it so nobody's special moves can interact with any projectiles from teammates? Ness' shield would cancel friendly projectiles without him being healed, etc.

It does sound overkill, but honestly, to me, being able to use your friends' projectiles however you want just because friendly fire is on sounds almost like an exploit in itself.

Last edited:

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
If we nerf oil panic again though game and watch will lose what few fans he has left in this game
They already overdid his nerf in singles if they nerf him again they might as well nerf every other character more massively
I think that if you nerf game and watch again he will replace better nerf greninja
Or you could just ban all 15 non starters in the Wii u version
You guys are angry because you don't realize how few people play doubles and the fact that few people like him in singles

Top Bottom