• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik vs. Zamus?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Sheik has lost awesome her combo ability (since tilts have so much knockback now) as well as her incredible aerial game. :urg: Zelda has been massively buffed, but will be be playable as a standalone character? Has Z/Samus made Sheik/Zelda obsolete? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Sheik main, but Zamus has awesome smashes, tilts and aerials...Is Sheik still worth using with Zamus out there now?!

Also...I've been playing since Smash 64, but was anyone here competitive in it and played Melee as soon it was released? If so, how far off were the first impressions of characters during the first weeks? Was Fox or Marth seen as it mid-tier material? Just curious to know how the initial impressions of competitive players changed from the first few weeks to years later, and wondering if Sheik might turn around and be amazing again.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Play shiek if you like shiek, else you're just a poser!
Bleh, don't be so elitist. Sheik was pretty awesome in OOT, but ZSS was pretty awesome in Zero Mission (taking on an ARMY of space pirates with no suit?! That's fairly hardcore).

BentoBox

Smash Master
You are the elitist for wanting to ditch Sheik because she isn't imba anymore.

edit: sheik hates you.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Then that would solve your problem now wouldn't it :].

p.s. Sheik hates you for even considering a second main.

AMP!

Smash Rookie
Then that would solve your problem now wouldn't it :].

p.s. Sheik hates you for even considering a second main.

I second this.

Sheiks been nerfed. I think we have already established this. If you can't win without the slap you shouldnt bother playing as her (since most people will just complain) so you can take up samus, im sticking with sheik though.

ninja > space suit :D

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
To answer your question, I think from the very beginning it was established that Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik were amazing. I think the only one that took a huge turn around and ended up being pretty good was Peach.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

mad_max

Smash Cadet
I don't remember Marth being that big of a deal, but I remember Fox and Falco, and I think Samus too, were the characters that received the most hype from the people I played with when Melee initially came out. I was just pissed because they nerfed Ness so much.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Try them both out and if you think Zamus with her easily guarded recovery is better then Sheik then go for it.

Personally I'm going to try out Zamus and MK but even so I'm definitely going to stick to Sheik for the majority of my games at least the first few years no matter what happens.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen those old ninja skills of hers haven't disappeared. You can still zip around the stage wacking your opponent around. You'll just have to bair and nair instead of fair.

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
Actually zamus doesn't just have tether recovery, her downB, is a sort of flip kick that sends her up like a third jump and spikes people on the ledge.

daemonk

Smash Cadet
I am mainly playing Sheik and ZSS right now since they both move similarly. ZSS moves like Sheik, but her gamestyle is definately very different. Most of her knockout moves have long animations. You pretty much have to plan to use them since you are comitted to the move after you do it. Unlike Sheik where you can just pull it out when you need it without much consequences.

Its harder to do on the fly quick improv moves with ZSS.

Her practical knockout moves are up A in air (kinda like Fox's), foward B whip (long long animation, should do it in the air while landing), and her fair/bair kick. Her fair/bair kicks will take some time to get use to for long time Sheik players. It doesn't come out instantly.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I agree with Daemonk. ZSS has a nice weight and her moves are great but they ALL have very obvious start-up animations and are therefore relatively easy to dodge. ZSS has HORRIBLE priority and has a very difficult time killing anyone (not due to weak attacks--she has a difficult time killing, again, because of her animations)

Sheik has low priority but her moves are faster than ZSS's and she receives very low punishment from any of them or even after charging and/or missing any of them. She feels a little slower because of the overall gravity change in the game itself, but she's still one of the faster characters. She can hold her own well but she's going to take some getting used to.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
I believe Zelda was top tier at the beginning of Melee because of her easy to sweet spot fair. I'd laugh if the same thing happens in brawl b/c Zelda looks good right now but if just as she did in Melee fall to low tier ... that'd be hilarious

Top Bottom