• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik vs Marth matchup help :(

BigOrb

Smash Rookie
Matchups don't win themselves, you still have to know what to do, and for some reason I just can't figure out what to do against Marth. I understand ledgeguarding him is painfully easy, but I'm at a loss in the neutral game against Marth. I feel like I'm always being outranged aside from needles, ftilt on shield tends to get grabbed even if it's spaced.

wat do? I need general matchup tips for this one.

Zeppeli

Smash Cadet
CC grab him all day long. Shield grab or f-tilt unsafe aerials. Mixup dash attack, grab and SH fair to beat his down-tilt.

Losing to another Marth just means that you're generally getting outplayed in neutral or that you're not punishing him hard enough. Grabs lead to aerials that push Marth into the air and set him up for additional setups, making it painfully in Sheik's favor. The opposite is true when you get upthrow u-tilt'd or when Marth corners you and pressures off DD grab and down-tilt.

Think about the positional game when you play Marth and what moves the Marth player you're playing against likes to use. A lot of Marths don't use Dash Attack even though its fantastic for overshooting and covering a **** ton of space. You really need to fight for space in this matchup because of how terrifying Marth is when he corners you. Sometimes, just pushing for space ahead patiently without throwing out a move is good for that. Don't forget to angle your shield downwards to avoid down-tilt shield stabs | shield normally or f-tilt when Marth's in the air, as previously mentioned in the second sentence.

Dair is great on platform stages if they tech to the edges and make it so that you can't setup a hit after your standard down-throw stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom