• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik vs marth (just how close is it)?

cablepuff

Smash Ace
I hear a lot of different scinearo. A lot of people say sheik beats marth, some say its even, some even say marth has the advantage. I would like to know from knowledgeable people just exactly how much advantage sheik has? And if possible list the reasons why you think their an advantage. ....

Puts on flame prove suit.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
Sheik def has advantage. Needles and pretty much any attack of hers juggles marth or leads into combos that can easily end with a fair to knock marth out far enough to make it hard to recover.

the only way marth really has a chance is if they know how to do spike and foward smash ending combos against sheik, but still, theyre not as easy as sheiks are.

Banks

Smash Hero
According to Mew2King, who is better than all of you'z, it is a 55/45 battle. He thinks it really isn't that bad for marth, you just need to get over a few things. however, while this may be true for M2k, I think on the noobier level marth is at more of a disadvantage becasue they don't know how to get past needles and chaingrabbing. but by no means will marth ever have advantage either way you look at it.

KAN

Smash Cadet
I don´t see, why Sheik has the advantage. But maybe it is so, because I play PAL. But in PAL, Sheik is Top Tier. Don´t know why, though. Chaingrabs were removed and Marth wasn´t really downgraded...

Maybe you could give advises for owning my friend. It´s pretty evenly matched, when I play Sheik and he plays Marth, but he is slightly better...

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
I'd say sheik has the advantage as well, but sheik can have problems if you get stuck above marth too much. I think marth can juggle sheik pretty effectively.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Sheik has the advantage, but at the pro level its way closer then the noobs say!

Its a 55-45 in sheiks favor......

Redragon

Top Bottom