• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik vs. Falco

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone I'm new to smashboards but I had a topic I wanted to discuss. I main Diddy and I my secondary is sheik. Anyway in the tournies my that I've been my Diddy has a lot of trouble beating Falco. So I was wondering if we could discuss the match up between sheik and Falco. I've talked to people who says its about 50-50 but I've also talked to people who say its 70-30 in favor of falco. Does anyone have any tips for beating falco as sheik or what the match up number is.

I was think that the match up is probably 55-45 falco. Sheik can crawl under falco's lasers and she has a pretty good edge guarding game so she could try and gimp falco. I've seen gimpyfish destroy some falco's off the edge in his combo vid although I don't know how good his opponents really were. Anyway if we could discuss this match up and the keys to sheik winning this match up I would greatly appreciate it.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think it's 65/35 Falco's favor at least and Zelda is a much better choice.

Hmm, look up that matchup thread cause I'm to lazy to quote stuff atm.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik vs Falco is ****ing gay, and a smart Falco will not let you gimp him more than like once every two games. You can't directly approach him because of his lasers, you can't risk getting grabbed because he can chaingrab you into a followup for instant 50-60% damage, his priority is nuts, and you're light enough to KO with a usmash at around 110%. Tiltlock him, use attack decay so that ftilt can combo directly into usmash at a KO %.

65:35 in favor of Falco.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
Here's what you should do when facing a Falco:

Tilt-lock.
Crawl under lasers.
Gimp gimp gimp.
Change to Zelda.

I say 55:45 (Falco) if you use just Sheik. 60-40 in your favor if you switch with Zelda when appropriate.

Edit: That definitely should say 65:35, not 55:45.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's still gay.

Laser-camping/chaingrabs vs tiltlocking.

Almost like playing a Sheik ditto in how stupid it gets.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
yah i've played some tough falcos...i find it hard to gimp them b/c of their side+B. What do u do about that?

btw whats so bad about sheik dittos? Ryoko doesn't like them either

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
It's still gay.

Laser-camping/chaingrabs vs tiltlocking.

Almost like playing a Sheik ditto in how stupid it gets.
another one of those "**** or be *****" matchups

but come on

it's like playing ic's vs fox in melee

kill or be killed

i'm used to this

protip: utilt or nair falco's recovery, pray that the nair hits him back off

ss118

Smash Master
I seriously think this is shiek's advantage, but maybe it's just the way I play her. I use a motion of auto-cancelled fairs to try to get close and then try to get an ftilt in asap. The match just requires you to be incredibly patient and build up damage to the point that you can do the gay ftilt lock. Once you do that, just upsmash for some extra damage and focus on getting the falco off the stage. I find it easier to edgeguard with bairs over fairs, though obviously a fair at 130% off the stage will mean instant death(but then so will a bair).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

but come on

kill or be killed

i'm used to this

absolutely right... it's posible to kill the other in under 30 seconds for either side... not saying it WILL happen, but it can. it's a stressfull match.

eongilth

Smash Apprentice
DACUS! DACUS! DACUS! AS DUC!

No.

Seriously? Every time a falco kills a shiek, melee seems less nostalgic. Without anymore momentum in the game engine, shiek's Fair is harder to land. There are other ways to gimp though...

PROTIP: Bair is a fun way to mix things up. Don't start spamming it though, since it's a little obvious.

this.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

but come on

kill or be killed

i'm used to this

By stupid I mean doing one thing over and over for efficient damage. Sheik dittos are stupid because it's a contest to see who can land the first ftilt at the right %, and that's pretty much it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
DACUS! DACUS! DACUS! AS DUC!

No.

Seriously? Every time a falco kills a shiek, melee seems less nostalgic. Without anymore momentum in the game engine, shiek's Fair is harder to land. There are other ways to gimp though...

PROTIP: Bair is a fun way to mix things up. Don't start spamming it though, since it's a little obvious.

this.
umm... I don't think you qualify to give "protips" about sheik

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
By stupid I mean doing one thing over and over for efficient damage. Sheik dittos are stupid because it's a contest to see who can land the first ftilt at the right %, and that's pretty much it.
Oh, haha. I enjoy stupid matchups *shrug* I mained Ice Climbers in Melee.

Nice touhou sig too good

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's in Falco's favor if you don't know how or otherwise refuse to fight back with Sheik's gaiety. Once you do, I'd say it's even in Sheik's favor. Better than Zelda who happens to still have problems with camping.

And are people seriously asking why I don't like playing Sheik dittos?

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
The game likes Falco more than Sheik. CG vs. Tilt lock! Crouching under lasers is always fun because it annoys the Falco's. The match up is pretty even, but Falco has the advantage, especially if you're facing SK92...

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
thx for nair vs side+B tip choknater, quite helpful

it just kinda seems to me if u don't like sheik dittos then why do u like playing sheik? surely there would be similar matchups too (like w/ falco)
maybe its just b/c i don't overuse tiltlock...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i dunno boutchall but i enjoy tilt locking LOOOOOOOOOOL

(i also enjoy cging with ddd so ic's so i hope yall know where im coming from)

ReoZeo

Smash Journeyman
Ah these are interesting comments, lol. But yeah I would have to say it would go to Falco's favor even though I'm working on sheik :)

Top Bottom