• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik techniques/skills help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duyzee

Smash Cadet
I recently just got in to the Melee scene, playing competitively. I've always mained Shiek, and I'm starting to pick up more skills, but I need help on Sheik's advance/technical skills. I'm having problems in certain techniques like :

1) Consistently doing the vanish move (recover move) on the ledge and going up and down I see Mew2King do it consistently a lot. I can only do it around 2-3 times in a row, then I will fall pass the ledge and die, any tips to help? I tap down letting go of the ledge, then do the vanish move hold up til' the peak then hold down and a bit tilted towards the ledge.

2) I see some Sheik players do the turn around jump needle charge (like Falco turn around laser) then grabbing the ledge. For some reason when I do it, and I'm beside the ledge falling down after turning around charging the needles, I don't auto grab or grab the ledge at all, I just keep falling down to my death. Any tips? I run towards the ledge, tap the opposite direction, then tap/hold b and die. lol.

Thanks in Advance,
Duyzee

Slhoka

Smash Lord
1) Consistently doing the vanish move (recover move) on the ledge and going up and down I see Mew2King do it consistently a lot. I can only do it around 2-3 times in a row, then I will fall pass the ledge and die, any tips to help? I tap down letting go of the ledge, then do the vanish move hold up til' the peak then hold down and a bit tilted towards the ledge.
You don't need to tilt the stick toward the ledge.
Just practice it, and you won't suicide anymore.

2) I see some Sheik players do the turn around jump needle charge (like Falco turn around laser) then grabbing the ledge. For some reason when I do it, and I'm beside the ledge falling down after turning around charging the needles, I don't auto grab or grab the ledge at all, I just keep falling down to my death. Any tips? I run towards the ledge, tap the opposite direction, then tap/hold b and die. lol.
Uh... when you say that, it seems you don't stop charging the needles. You have to press L/R/Z to cancel the charging animation, or you won't catch le ledge. Make also sure you're not holding down if you fastfall.

DBD

Smash Rookie
if you keep shooting below the mark then you are probably letting go of down to slowly at the end. you need to let go like right as you explode

duyzee

Smash Cadet
You don't need to tilt the stick toward the ledge.
Just practice it, and you won't suicide anymore.

Uh... when you say that, it seems you don't stop charging the needles. You have to press L/R/Z to cancel the charging animation, or you won't catch le ledge. Make also sure you're not holding down if you fastfall.
Thanks, for the info, gotta keep practicing that recovering. And I didn't know you had to cancel the animation, thanks.

if you keep shooting below the mark then you are probably letting go of down to slowly at the end. you need to let go like right as you explode
I guess, I'm not that fast with my hands yet, but I'm getting used to it. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom