• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik or Falco. Who to main.

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
Dont mind my profile at the moment. Im on the verge whether to dedicate time into one of these characters. I feel as if I am very consistent with sheik when it comes to fundamentals and tech. But as for falco, i feel as if i am very inconsistent with him, i still cant wavedash with him perfectly. I just find playing Sheik BORING, but Falco to be fun for me. Though when it comes to actually being competitive, who should I main.

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
Both. Dual maining isn't a bad thing; don't drop a character that you enjoy playing keep putting in the work but play Sheik in tourney until you are comfortable.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
play falco and grind out tech skill? no point in playing a character you don't find fun

i don't like the idea of dual-maining until you've learned how to play the game with one character. you could do it but i've never seen it turn out well. that being said you could try experimenting with the two characters over time and seeing which one you like more or at least articulating (to yourself or everyone else) why you find one more fun than the other. what about sheik do you find boring? why do you have fun playing falco? do you think you could have fun playing sheik further down the road? those are important questions and i think only you can answer them.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
I dual main Falco and Sheik.
Practice with falco way more rn. But eventually learn what mus you like with each character. It's important that your having fun. Really, winning isnt the only thing (its just the only thing that matters)

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Ok I am not the expert but here are my 2 cents.
Starting off, especially against your friends, it's pretty widely agreed upon that some characters are "easier" than others.

At very early stages walking forward spamming Ftilt until it pops them high enough for a Fair is super simple and effective.
A little later on whiff punishing with DA and Fairing them can frustrate many newcomers.

I didnt even mention chain grabbing yet.

As you progress you find that in order to get anywhere you need to play smarter than that in order to compete.

Now I am not a Falco main and I don't even play him, but my training partner does (he plays most of the cast) and from what I understand Falco has a different learning and tier curve. He starts out inferior to say Sheik, greatly outperforms her a medium levels and evens out or rise just above her at top levels.

In the end there is no easy answer as to who to play. Certainly not who is an easy way out.
But if you find a character boring to play that's a red alert to me.
Don't pick a character just because you have slightly better results with it.
Pick the character that you cant stop thinking about. One that you look at in videos.
Pick the first character that comes to mind when I say:
"Melee"

Last edited:

KevinWUT

Professional Self-Destructor
NNID
KevinWut
3DS FC
5129-1013-7753
Do what I did.
Main both.

Top Bottom