• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik? Nani?!

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
So Blad01 put up a topic in the tactical discussion about how Japanese smasher play and the like. As a good bit of you already know [because of your posts] The Japanese players seem to focus more on Offense than Defense here in the US. I wanted to take this one step further and ask, how do japanese smashers play sheik? Unless I saw incorrectly I saw sheik rated as a C on their scale, along with the likes of pikachu [a little shocking in my opinion]. So then, how is it that japanese players play sheik?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
There is a stupid stereotype saying that all Japanese players care hugely about honour and playing as fast as possible. This is bull**** brought on by a random match between a Falco and Fox which everyone decided epitomised the Japanese metagame.

Other then that, Ankoku is your man for this area, Im sure he has some information. I remain relatively ignorant of Japanese Smash X(

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I don't understand the reason for the title of this thread

"Sheik? What?!"

That doesn't make much sense unless "Nani" has another meaning other then "what"

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
What shocked me was how high fox was, he just seems.... mediocre to many people (then I changed my mind after I saw some fox videos)
Anyways, I love the way they play in japan. But I don't think it would work in here. Here, we like to win by any means necessary. Camping, spamming attacks, playing gay. Its all fair game here. So if you plan on moving to japan, I would stick to defense.

p.s
Captain jack it teh man!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
japanese players play sheik almost as good as choknater, which is pretty good

NANIIIIIIIIIIIII!?!?!?

Top Bottom