• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik mains, I come to thee seeking advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Not sure if asked before so sorry in advanced (don't know how to correctly search here) but like I was gonna ask...

How am I supposed to beat Sheik and her fair range and jab shield pressure as she lands?

I'm a Luigi/Pika main and I tried these several things:
Challenge with a Fair/Bair of my own: Ends up we both take damage or I lose trade. Luigi/Pika Fair aren't as long as Sheik's and Luigi bair only lands around 25% of the time, the rest they just whiff or the Sheik player manuevers around it.
Shield: They land, jab1&2, grab. Can't do much in between :/
Spot dodge: Same as above

I'm running out of options and most tournaments I go to I always lose to Sheiks. I can take just about any other character just fine or at least, its a skill match up but with Sheik...I just can't win consistently. Only 1 out of every 3.

So please Sheik board, I beg of you, give me some insight what the best option is. Am I doomed to learn Sheik in order to do Sheik vs Sheik to see if that's any better? Thanks in advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom