• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik jab reset not working

ZaloMonkada

Smash Cadet
I'm a sheik main in both PM and melee, and one thing I noticed is that sheiks jab reset doesn't work as well in PM as it does in melee. Against fox, I usually dthrow tech chase and jab reset the no tech until 30-40% but in PM, they can start buffering inputs for no-tech rolls and getups much earlier and i've had them pop up at less than 20%. I suspect they made sheiks jab stronger so it can't jab reset as well, but I'm not sure, all I know is that her jab reset is different.

My question for PMBR: is this intentional? It was already hard enough for sheik to deal with spacies at low percent, and now jab reset is off the table much earlier than in melee.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
You shouldn't have much trouble with Fox and Falco specifically in Project M using Sheik. Wolf is a different story.

It most likely wasn't intentional and was a byproduct of modifying other properties of the characters/game.

For now, my recommendation is that instead of jab resetting, try to either down-tilt, down-smash or tech chase with a down-air. They are all better options for most positions you will be in, and cover several scenarios at once compared to a jab.

ZaloMonkada

Smash Cadet
I know how to punish no techs, jab reset is just really good to do on reaction. You get a free up smash off of it, which is her best combo starter at low % of fox falco imho. I used it a bunch in melee, and I'm wondering why it didnt carry over, and if its unintentional if it could be patched in.

Also, sheik has weak matchups vs fox and falco. They shouldn't be that much different then melee considering that they're pretty much the same. If anything, she should have a weaker matchup due to her throw being escapable and CC being stronger in this game.

Top Bottom