• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik is the best? Vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
Do you believe that Sheik is the best character in the game? I've been told by some people that they consider her to be the best, yet I don't believe this one bit on ONE THEORY.

That just so happens to be.... Game and Watch.

Sheik owns the crap out of fox, falco, marth, and countless other characters with her fast attacks, great set ups, and insanely great fair. She is pretty fast, and is very annoying.

But Mr Game and Watch breaks all this advantage. He easily gets damage on her, his fair has long reach, his Bair is perfect for set ups for combos, and at somewhat higher percents he can uthrow --> fair. When she returns with up B one small dtilt knocks her back far enough to edgegaurd or auto kill her.

Now I'm not saying she can't own him, but he is a floaty character, meaning that those ftilt --> fair combos or utilt fair or anything --> fair doesn't work on him when he D.I's well. Plus he has crazy range on his up-B, so he returns from the most ridiculous finishers.

I just wanted to say this because my brother (after 2 months of me not playing smash) started to play sheik, and since I couldn't beat him he assumed that sheik was the best in the game because other people have told him so. But remembering all the characters and how they move and attack, I embarked on MR GaW, and I though it must be true. Now I have a counter pick for all his characters, and you can see these on my sig below.

I am a falcon player by the way, and I know how to play well. If you are ever in cencal give me a PM and we can meet up.

Anyway guys, after getting off topic like that a bit, what is your vote on sheik?

I say she's EL SUX0Rz. Thumbs down from me.

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
sheik is vicious, but u cant really say a character is the "best" but as far as advantages, yea she has a bunch

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
All Sheik needs to do is spam needles, and chain grab.

Sheik, although female, is very gay.

No, Sheik is not the best. The best if Falcon ;)

EDIT: Btw, I live in Fresno, CA (Central Cal)
What city are you from?

strider43

Smash Journeyman
LMAO trufax

and yeah, sheik vs gw is broken in sheik's favor. wtf is op talking about

If my bro was in fresno I would so make a vid of me as GaW vs his Sheik, and no he does not suck. He beat all my chars with sheik except GaW.

And the person who said it only works on floaties needs to get a grip and watch some KDJ vs space animals vids. Floaties? Yea sure w.e

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
If my bro was in fresno I would so make a vid of me as GaW vs his Sheik, and no he does not suck. He beat all my chars with sheik except GaW.

And the person who said it only works on floaties needs to get a grip and watch some KDJ vs space animals vids. Floaties? Yea sure w.e
KDJ techchases the crap out of space animals and FINISHES with the ftilt fair or dash attack fair.

Sheik starts ****** floaties with that **** from 0 %. No mindgames needed.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
KDJ techchases the crap out of space animals and FINISHES with the ftilt fair or dash attack fair.

Sheik starts ****** floaties with that **** from 0 %. No mindgames needed.
You can't do that when GaW is ranging you with fairs or bairs. Also I know sheik is easy to use but I'm talking about a pro GaW player like snap or something vs a pro sheik player. GaW has the advantage with range + great combos + killer edgegaurd. ftilt fair doesn't **** GaW, since it doesn't send him flying, so how are you gonna get me off stage if you can't hit me with set up moves? Sheik wins when the opponent is off stage, but GaW return pwns and he likes to take Sheik out before he goes flying.

But I'm not here to argue anymore, from now on just vote.

Thumbs up or thumbs down to sheik?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
You can't do that when GaW is ranging you with fairs or bairs. Also I know sheik is easy to use but I'm talking about a pro GaW player like snap or something vs a pro sheik player. GaW has the advantage with range + great combos + killer edgegaurd. ftilt fair doesn't **** GaW, since it doesn't send him flying, so how are you gonna get me off stage if you can't hit me with set up moves? Sheik wins when the opponent is off stage, but GaW return pwns and he likes to take Sheik out before he goes flying.
Your assumptions are wrong on very many levels. Hopefully the people here will enlighten you without being complete *****. Of course, given your response, I'd say you kinda warranted it.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
G&W can't edgeguard Sheik. Sheik can Dsmash all day due to G&W's hard-to-sweetspot recovery. When tilt > fair doesn't work, Jab > fair does. In other words, G&W sucks.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)

But I'm not here to argue anymore, from now on just vote.

Thumbs up or thumbs down to sheik?
Too bad. I am gonna argue.

snap with GaW vs a Sheik about as good as DSF... DSF would win, hands down.

I have videos of sheiks beating Dire Vulcan soundly; though they're ancient, Dire was pretty **** good in 2005. If you want me to upload them I will...

If you think GaW is gonna win because he spaces perfectly and never gets hit by a Sheik grab, then the GaW won because he was a far superior player to the Sheik. You think Sheiks can't use spacing and DIing out of combos?

And thumbs up to sheik.

Sheik vs Fox and Marth is mostly even. Those three are all pretty much "the best character".

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Sheik has a great deal of advantages against many characters but she is not the best.
There are a handful characters who also have advantages over Sheik. Even Sheiks do well against Sheiks >_>

I believe Fox's do well against Sheiks as well. Many Sheik players I know hate playing Fox's.

Sheik may have disjointed hitboxes, gay needles, and cheap-*** combos but she is not the best. She is pretty broken but not necessarily the best character :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom