• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Information Thread ((REPAIR)) [EXPLOSION OF VIDEOS] - 28/02/2008

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
WARNING: This thread may contain spoilers about other characters, stages, or game modes that appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If you wish to not be spoiled, please leave now.

***Under Repair for a while as I get the images/pictures fixed.

Information Thread for the Character "Sheik" in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Releases: Sunday, March 9th 2008

Sheik

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheik: A History
---------------------

Zelda.com Description:

The youth known as Sheik appeared in Hyrule after Link returned to the Temple of Time as an adult. Sheik always covered her face and muffled her voice to protect her identity, but Link soon learned that this helpful soul was in fact his good friend Princess Zelda. Her unusual dress and demeanor came from being raised as a Sheikah by her protector Impa.

Sheik is a character in the "Legend of Zelda" series by Nintendo. Known as the altar-ego of Princess Zelda, Sheik first appeared in the widely popular game "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". Sheik was a member of the ancient shadow tribe called the "Sheikah". Sheik's role was to act as a "guide" to Link, teaching him songs and offering hints or advice that allowed him to rescue the seven sages locked far away in different dungeons, all under the orders of Ganondorf. It wasn't until the end of the game when Sheik revealed to be Princess Zelda in disguise.

Since Ocarina of Time, Sheik has appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee, as the Down B move to Princess Zelda. Sheik appeared in her Ocarina of Time style, as well as did Princess Zelda. While initially welcomed as and "accepted" by the Smash community, players eventually came to realize the mighty power that Sheik had inhabited; her role clearly dominated that of Princess Zelda. While seen as "cheap" and the over-shadower of Zelda, players were upset that everyone's favourite princess was often found sitting on the bench. While Sheik made up for Zelda's lack of speed and combo ability, Sheik was mainly seen as an overall buffed character, being too strong, and considered "broken" in a way that her fighting style was superior to others.

Much to gamer's dismay (at least the majority of them), Sheik has returned for another fight in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Many had doubted the return of Sheik, mainly because of the upgrade Princess Zelda had received to match her Twilight Princess counterpart; because of Sheik's absence in Twilight Princess, players hoped that their favourite fighting princess would be able to take the trophy home in Brawl this time around.

On January 16th, Sheik was finally revealed as a returning character in Brawl. Her look had been upgraded/updated to match that of Princess Zelda's in Twilight Princess. Sporting a more detailed spandex-like suit, a ponytail and a knife, Sheik's new look has been widely accepted as one of the better character models for Brawl. Much to gamer's disappointment, Sheik had returned as Princess Zelda's Down B move. It is still unknown whether Sheik is the over-shadower this time around, but it appears that more players will have more success using Princess Zelda this time around. Hopefully, both Sheik and Princess Zelda have been balanced well enough to meet each other's strengths and weakness for this next installment of the Smash Brothers series.

-> It was also revealed that Sheik had been considered for a role in Twilight Princess, but due to developmental changes, her character was scrapped. However, luckily enough, Sakurai was able to obtain the initial designs of the agile Sheikah, and implemented these changes into the character we see today.

-> Sheik's appearance is also relatively similar to that of Princess Zelda's childhood caretaker, Impa, who was a member of the Sheikah tribe as well.

It has been argued whether Sheik's gender has been male or female. A seperate discussion has been considered to be posted in this thread; however, at the time being it is "Under Construction". In relation to Sheik's new design, many have said that it is possible Sheik is female.

Dojo Description
---------------------
"Use Zelda’s down special move to transform into Sheik! Once you do so, you’ll have access to a new character completely unique from Zelda.

Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game."

Moveset
----------
Sheik's moveset is relatively similar to that of Melee's. However, it has been reported that the majority of Sheik's moves have been extensively nerfed (weakened).

In this video, the user has kindly put together a demonstration of all of Sheik's B Techs and Final Smash:

Moveset: Sheik

Alternate Colours
-----------------------

<There seems to be a video with a Blue Zelda that also shows a small image of Sheik's blue appearance after the match has concluded. Although not entirely visible, the video can be seen here: Pit vs. Samus vs. Zelda vs. Metaknight (Isle Delfino) >

Images

----------

Video Links
--------------

Zelda Ending (Congratualtions!):
Zelda Ending

FIGHTING SCENES

Sheik moveset demonstration video:
Moveset: Sheik

Zelda transforming and fighting off Primids with Peach (at 1:35):
Peach+Zelda/Sheik vs. Primids

Short clip of Sheik fighting with Kirby:
Sheik+Kirby vs. Primids

Mario Circuit match. Entire match with Sheik (includes Final Smash):
Sheik vs. Yoshi vs. Ike vs. Fox

Eldin Bridge match. Poor sound quality:
Link vs. Lucario vs. Sheik

Final Destination match:
Sheik vs. Marth

Subspace Fight Scene. Features Sheik and Peach, as well as "Tea-Time" Cut-Scene (Poor Quality):
Sheik in Subspace

Another Subspace Fight Scene with Additional Cut-Scenes:
Sheik in Subspace 2

More Sheik and Peach footage in Subspace:
Sheik+ Peach in Subspace

Sheik using Wall-Cling:
Sheik using Wall-Cling

Zelda/Sheik fighting on Windwaker Stage:
Zelda/Shiek vs. Olimar vs. Donkey Kong vs. Captain Falcon

Zelda fighting. A few seconds of "Dark Sheik" seen at 3:10:
Dark Zelda/Sheik vs. Ike

Confirmation Video of No Crouch Cancelling. "Dark Sheik" included:
Marth vs. Dark Sheik (No Crouch Cancelling Confirmation)

Final Destination match. Charged Needles confirmed at 1:05:
Sheik vs. Falco

Battlefield match. Includes "Dark Sheik":
Sheik vs. Falco 2

Pokemon Stadium 2 match. Includes "Dark Zelda/Sheik" (Sheik wins):
Zelda/Sheik vs. Meta Knight

Pokemon Stadium 2 match. Includes "Dark Sheik":
Sheik vs. Pokemon Trainer

Smashville match. Includes "Dark Sheik":
Yoshi vs. Ice Climbers vs. Sheik vs. Marth

Final Smash Compilation. Sheik's "Light Arrow" at 1:33:
Final Smash Compilation (1:33)

Sheik and Zero Suit Samus in a Co-op Event match. Poor Quality:
Sheik+Zero Suit Samus Co-op Event

Final Smash video:
Zelda/Sheik Final Smash

Beautiful match on Battlefield:
Snake vs. Sheik

Pictochat stage. Includes green Sheik:
Toon Link vs. Kirby vs. Sheik

Battlefield match:
Sheik vs. Peach

Another Sheik vs. Marth match on Final Destination:
Sheik vs. Marth 2

Halberd match. Dark Sheik:
Dark Link vs. Dark Sheik

Another Final Destination match. Includes "Dark Sheik"...again:
Link vs. Dark Sheik

Another Battlefield match. Includes "Dark Sheik":
Diddy Kong vs. Dark Sheik

Another Final Destination match. Again, we have "Dark Sheik":
[/URL=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=33LTcdaA35c] Dark Sheik vs. Pit [/URL]

Battlefield match. "Dark Sheik" and Blue Peach:
Dark Sheik vs. Peach

Eldin Bridge match:
Link vs. Zelda/Sheik

Battlefield match. Includes Blue Sheik. Tether Recovery at 1:01:
Sheik vs. Marth 3

Gameplay montage footage. Disorganized gameplay (one match is shown, then another, and then returns to the original match). Footage begins at 3:35 (random from there onwards):
Meta Knight vs. Ike vs. Sheik vs. Pit

Final Destination match:
Sheik vs. Pikachu

Final Destination match. Includes Classic Sheik:
Fox vs. Sheik

Eldin Bridge match. Includes a green Sheik. Starts at 6:25:
Pikmin & Olimar vs. Zelda/Sheik vs. Ness vs. Donkey Kong

Distant Planet match:
Pit vs. Ike. vs. Sheik

Mario Circuit match (very shaky):
Sheik vs. Toon Link

Jungle Japes match. Poor quality:
Marth vs. King DeDeDe vs. Zelda/Sheik vs. Pokemon Trainer

Kirby Hat Compilation. Sheik at 1:14:
Kirby Hat Compilation

Mushroomy Kingdom match (Sheik wins):
Sheik vs. Marth 4

Battlefield match:
Dark Sheik vs. Dark Meta Knight

Lylat Cruise match:
Sheik vs. Toon Link vs. Sonic vs. Toon Link

Another Battlefield match. Poor quality:
Sheik vs. Luigi

Yoshi's Island match (Sheik wins):
Sheik vs. Mario

Pokemon Stadium match:
Sheik vs. Wario

Corneria match:
Meta Knight vs. Lucas vs. Sheik

Super Sudden Death Stock on Port Town Aero Dive:
Sheik vs. Sonic vs. Marth vs. Toon Link

Shadow Moses Island match:
Pikachu vs. Sonic vs. Sheik

DK Arcade match:
Link vs. Snake vs. Zelda/Sheik vs. Lucas

Eldin Bridge match:
Falco vs. Sheik

Halberd match:
DeDeDe vs. Sheik

Lucas vs. Sheik:
Lucas vs. Sheik

Random battle video assortment. Contains Zelda/Sheik:
Zelda/Sheik vs. Wolf vs. Ike vs. Yoshi on Battlefield, Link vs. Lucas vs. Ike vs. Pikachu on Donkey Kong Arcade, and Link vs. Sheik/Zelda vs. Pikachu on Final Destination

Sheik/Zelda's Break the Targets:
Break The Targets!

Sheik breaking targets!:
Break The Targets 2!

Green Hill Zone match:
Bowser vs. Zelda/Sheik vs. Captain Falcon vs. Meta Knight

Battlefiled match. Again.
Pit vs. Sheik

Final Destination match:
Pokemon Trainer vs. Sheik

Battlefield match. (Featuring Ankoku!):
Dedede vs. Sheik 2

Smashville match:
Wario vs. Sheik

Battlefield match:
Ike vs. Sheik

Final Destination match:
Jigglypuff vs. Sheik

Battlefield match. Excellent quality:
Dark Zelda/Sheik vs. Dark Pit

4-Player Final Destination match:
Wolf vs. Ganondorf vs. Sheik vs. Marth

Yoshi's Island match:
Donkey Kong vs. Sheik

Battlefield match:
Donkey Kong vs. Sheik 2

Final Destination match:
Kirby vs. Sheik

Gameplay footage compilation (Match seen at 4:50):
Jigglypuff vs. Sheik vs. Meta Knight vs. Captain Falcon (at 4:59)

Event #25. Beautiful quality:
Event Match #25

Event #31. Beautiful quality:
Event Match #31

Lylat Cruise match:
Zelda vs. Sheik

Smahville match (worst quality EVER):
Sheik vs. Pit 2

SUBSPACE EMISSARY (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Sheik in Subspace. Includes cutscenes and gameplay footage. Excellent quality (Gametrailers):
Subspace Emissary: Sheik

Subspace Emissary Cut-scene (Tea-Time):

Tea-Time with Peach and Fox

Taunts
-------

This is a small section of different taunts Sheik performs in SSBB. Each of her taunts is divided seperately, along with a video link, below. For a video that has ALL of Sheik's taunts displayed together, please click here: Sheik Taunt Compilation at 7:48 .

Main Taunt (Melee Taunt): Very similar to Sheik's taunt in Melee, however, she "quivers" a bit. Seen in Opening Video of game. Seen at around 0:29-0:31:
Opening Cinematic (Spoilers)

"Handstand" Taunt: Sheik does a one handed cartwheel-like pose. Seen in provided clip at around 0:44-0:45 and again at 1:56:
Sheik+ Peach in Subspace

"Threatening" Taunt: Sheik lunges backwards and brings her arms to the side of her head. It is very similar to one of Sheik's victory poses in Melee. Seen in provided clip at 7:48:
Smash Bros. Brawl Taunt Compilation Video

Final Smash
-------------

Dojo Description:

In the final battles of many of the Legend of Zelda games, you didn’t want to be low on arrows. A lot of times they were Silver Arrows, though...

Zelda’s ace in the hole is the magical Light Arrow, which you can use even as Sheik.

When you’re using Sheik, some of the characteristics of the attack will change, like the direction your opponent gets knocked in.

It’s good to use the character whose attack is best suited to the cover on each stage, but you probably shouldn’t worry TOO much about that.

If you’re just playing one-on-one though, the Light Arrow might be easy to dodge. Try to create a situation where you have a good shot.

Please see "Video Links" for any footage of Sheik performing her Final Smash.

Gender Controversy
----------------------

<Under Construction>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know if she can still keep her charged needles? Probably not, but you never know.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Anyone know if she can still keep her charged needles? Probably not, but you never know.
I think I saw a video with a shiek that threw charged needles while jumping, so I'm inclined to say yes, you can still store needles. I'm not 100% on this though.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
yes, its confirmed in one of the videos.

Check the "Video Links" section. it says in there.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
more vids added.

I also need someone to make some "alternate colours" for Sheik.

I can provide vidoes or such that may help.

PM me if interested.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Ok well I'm not sure how to put this but I don't think that Sheik was overly strong in melee. Her only really powerful attack was her over mid-air attack. Other than that she was just increadibly fast at hitting so damage could be racked up rather quickly. I'm not sure if anybody else shares my opinion.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
From the looks of those videos, it seems like Sheik is just as good as ever at comboing... but even worse at killing.
Loss of Fair spike and Uair launch is going to result in more damage but less killing. I'll probably still enjoy playing her, but it looks to be a much more difficult road at this point.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Why does she have a dagger holstered on her back?

I assume, since her new design was initially for Twilight Princess, that if she was in TP she would have fought a little.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Is there a match up thread for sheik? I'm new to her and was just curious since I didn't see one.

Top Bottom