• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik in doubles?

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Who does Sheik work well with in doubles, and how should she play?

I've teamed with a Diddy and a Wario and got decent results. 5th out of 15 with the Diddy and 4th out of 12 with the Wario. Not amazing, but its not bad, especially since they were both spur of the moment "I need a partner" "Me too, lets team" "Alright" kind of deals.

With Diddy it was just using Sheik's speed to keep control over bananas, we had a bit of a hard time with kills, most of them were either gimps or bad DI, the ones that were legit were at pretty high percentages though.

With Wario, again using Sheik's speed you cover him if he is about to get abused by a grab release, and pretty much just damage rack until he gets the kill. grabs helped a lot in this since Sheik's throws are great setups in 2v2.

There is probably more stuff that can be done with these characters, these were just one time shots for me, but yeah. Who do you guys team with, and how do you play the match?

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
she's pretty horrible in doubles, and this topic has popped up here before and over on AiB alot. Honestly, pick up Zelda more and team with a great G&W or just get assisted by a Snake. Have to be not so heavy w/ needles though since they'll off set any grenades and mines.

Sheik's moveset isn't really a complimentary one for Doubles.

Variable

Smash Ace
I'm actually planning on doing doubles with my friend's zelda. Any suggestions?
Play well.

lol jk.

Let's see...

Since you're playing the sheik, make sure you're getting the damage up.. If you're teaming with a Zelda it's pretty much your job to combo and get your enemies in kill range, or you can gimp / ledge guard.. Don't worry about getting the kills too much, just get the percentage up and try to set up kills for Zelda.

Top Bottom