• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Grab Release Combo(?)

OwlBanshee

Smash Rookie
I've tried this at the ledge and with short characters and Training Room seems to record Air Release into Bouncing Fish as a true combo. I also managed to do this with fair, but the timing was strict and it only recorded a true combo sometimes.

Is this really a true combo? I ask this because once I was in training room, ground released the cpu, they jumped, then i hit jab and it recorded it as a combo even though the Marth jumped in between it.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I tested this a while ago. Grab release to anything is never a true combo; but it's a good mixup at best (usually not worth it to give up guaranteed followups for it tho) and if they decide to double jump instead of air dodge bouncing fish will clip them. If they air dodge, nothing comes out of it.

OwlBanshee

Smash Rookie
I tested this a while ago. Grab release to anything is never a true combo; but it's a good mixup at best (usually not worth it to give up guaranteed followups for it tho) and if they decide to double jump instead of air dodge bouncing fish will clip them. If they air dodge, nothing comes out of it.
Good to know! Thanks!

Top Bottom