• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik custom down b options

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
So i just wanted to see which custom down b options everyone is using. I see use for all three but has anyone got any set up or combo uses for sheiks customs. Discuss

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Most people generally agree that default is the best due to overall utility. The others are either really hard to hit or even MORE situational.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Yeah I'm on the same boat. I've heard about dtilt -> jellyfish being a good combo but I never saw it myself. Pisces is really powerful but it's extremely gimmicky because it sends you flying off if you do connect it and that's really annoying; and it's also laggy and you can't cancel the animation/lag after you connect it the same way with bouncing fish. Another thing is that, if you hit people say, coming from the left side, you'd expect the move to send them to the right side.. but Pisces sends them to the left side, which really contradicts the fact that it's really powerful because it makes it really hard to actually hit people with it to kill them.

In addition to that you also lose some combos like fthrow > bf or fair > bf, although weak nair still combos into pisces.

Top Bottom