• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik counter tactic

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ill list how to counter sheiks attacks for max results that i have learned through my experiance.

chain: easy sheild it then fire or down dodge then fire.
needles: side donge in sheiks direction then take advantage of her cool down time.
dissapear: basicly as long as you get near were he appears next without being close enough to get hit shes wide open.
punch(s): hop then do a quik A air or forward A air
down A(smash): easy jump then down A
up A(smash): if in the mid air wait until the attack has been started, then wait a split second then launch a down B.
forward A(smash):side doge then a good forward A smash or koopa claw.
up A: down A simple
down A: hop then forward or basic A(mid air)
forward A:down dodge the any attack of your choice.
grab(running):easy down dodge then do whatever.
grab: down dodge, side dodge, as long as its avoided you can counter.

im sorry if someone had already posted something like this i just felt like this might be useful.
and give me any feed back you like it would be appreciated as long as it makes sense.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey error, you so know that Bowsers spot dodge has about enough lag on it so where Sheik can miss any move, she can just use another one and continue to **** you right?

And for her Up B, why wouldn't you just edgehog to ledgehop klaw? thats such an easy edgeguard and doesn't take as much messing around

Don't use down b on her up smash, if you're above her just get away from it with either a jump or just DI... though i don't see a sheik use that to often when their above you

Normally if they are downsmashing they aren't going to downsmash away from you where you can just jump and hit them.

what is down dodging and side dodging...

is side dodge roll, and down dodge spot dodge?

Edit: Was worth a try though man, but a couple of things.. theres a specific thread for character match-ups, that would have been better posted there, and again like i said thanks for attempting to create some discussion ^_^

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Hey error, you so know that Bowsers spot dodge has about enough lag on it so where Sheik can miss any move, she can just use another one and continue to **** you right?

And for her Up B, why wouldn't you just edgehog to ledgehop klaw? thats such an easy edgeguard and doesn't take as much messing around

Don't use down b on her up smash, if you're above her just get away from it with either a jump or just DI... though i don't see a sheik use that to often when their above you

Normally if they are downsmashing they aren't going to downsmash away from you where you can just jump and hit them.

what is down dodging and side dodging...

is side dodge roll, and down dodge spot dodge?

Edit: Was worth a try though man, but a couple of things.. theres a specific thread for character match-ups, that would have been better posted there, and again like i said thanks for attempting to create some discussion ^_^
You my friend have a lot of knowledge.
Tutor me of bowser love lol. I wish i knew that much about bowser.
I just listen to my friend when i use bowser and he tells me everything that i should do lol, na.

Anyways yea the other new guy nice try, i can tell your pretty new to the scene just lookin at the vocabulary you used there. look at the other guides and you'll find some interesting information about character matchups, stage counterpicks, tactics, tricks, glitches and all that good stuff, videos too.

Gotta tournament to win 2morrow so peace!!!!!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
What Sheiks were you fighting against where this was useful? The lv. 9 Sheik that sometimes turns back into Zelda? Because most of this sounds like you were fighting vs. cpus too much. Listen to Kevin, he knows what he's talking about..
sometimes

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
ya I was fighting mostly against cpu's, I realy dont have any means of playing this online so dont hate on me too much.
Wtf? online? u cant play this game online. To get good you travel around your neighborhood at least to fight other humans. theres no online play sorry, well there is but its mad ghetto and they gave up on it already.

Number 1 DK

Smash Apprentice
Bowser v. Shiek

An in depth strategy guide -

1. try not to get chain grabbed
2. try really hard not to get chain grabbed
3. give up after being chaingrabbed and swatted into nothingness

Note sarcasm
tho sadly is somewhat true....

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
yeah sarcasm usually works best if youre saying the opposite of what's true or something that differs vastly from the truth.

and i think theres more truth in that 3-step strategy than not. :(

Top Bottom