• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Sheik boards to-do list

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Although falling U-air -> D-tilt definitely isn't true (that's why I said it's probably not true in my original post), it's worth noting that in that specific circumstance, my opponent was facing away from me. This means characters with fast jabs can't use those on me. That means they have to resort to a defensive option to avoid the combo. You might be able to squeeze a turnaround f tilt, grab, or dash attack in afterwards if you think they will use one against you. The main reason I think it may be warranted for testing is to see what defensive options they might employ (although my original post didn't note this. Probably should have said that there). Otherwise, most players I've used falling up air against don't know what defensive options to use really.
This is the wrong place to be discussing this. Lets move to the social or something :)

To avoid a double post...
I've finished testing Fair > Stationary BF and the thread is here: http://smashboards.com/threads/fair-bouncing-fish-combo.427967/
Fair > Jump BF and Fair > Dash Jump BF are still being tested.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Well I'm done testing and ftilt doesn't combo into up air at kill %s on any character without platforms unless the move is ridiculously stale. Definitely a 50-50 not a kill combo
Post the table anyway, doesn't matter if the combo doesn't kill, %s are important.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Post the table anyway, doesn't matter if the combo doesn't kill, %s are important.
I was only testing for kill %s so I currently don't have the guaranteed ranges. Unfortunately I'm short on time right now, so someone else should do that because it would take me forever

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Go on and take needles> BF off so no one else accidentally starts on it.

Also, I can work on Ftilt > Uair. I'm in class, and it'll take a while, but no one else seems too keen to jump on it. It may not work at kill percents, but if it combos at all, it could be worth knowing.

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Go on and take needles> BF off so no one else accidentally starts on it.

Also, I can work on Ftilt > Uair. I'm in class, and it'll take a while, but no one else seems too keen to jump on it. It may not work at kill percents, but if it combos at all, it could be worth knowing.
So to confirm, I'm doing rising storm to bouncing fish?

Btw I try to always take a stock that way in every sheik set I play

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
OHHHH. Ok, I completely misunderstood your post :p
So what should I be doing here then?
Anything on the list.
I'm doing fair > BF
@fyazko is doing uptilt > BF (I think)
WondrousMoose WondrousMoose is doing ftilt > upair and has done aerial needles > BF

Everything that isn't being done needs doing :)

Also it seems as though _Tree _Tree still isn't getting alerts for this thread.
I'd like to add to the list:
Dthrow > UpAir (I'm sure some top player has a chart of that)
Dthrow > Upsmash (only works at like 0-10% but who it works on would be good info)
Dthrow > walk forward/pp uptilt (Same as above, and you don't actually need to pp, but I think it makes it work on more)
Backthrow > BF (Not sure if it's ever true but it does seem to be)
Upthrow > Anything (Does that throw ever have a use?)
Ftilt > BF
Strong Nair > BF

I would also like to point out that fair > upsmash works at %s where the upsmash can kill, with no or bad di.

Last edited:

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Uthrow DI cone is super skinny. Can force tech chases on platform stages which can lead to bigger strings. Sometimes I uthrow, tech read with ftilt once I jump to the platform, and uair to take the stock.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the late reply...
Simikins Simikins In the process of doing UTilt (Both Hits) > BF as well as UTilt (Last Hit) > BF
Just been slightly behind on this, doing / finishing 5 videos. I'll get it done pretty soon.
( I'll ask you how to do all those fancy chart options )

WondrousMoose WondrousMoose Great job on Needles > BF...would LOVE to do a small video on all that info ;)

EDIT* WondrousMoose WondrousMoose Awesome, thank you! (Of course I'll credit everything to you and what not)

Last edited by a moderator:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Sorry for the late reply...
Simikins Simikins In the process of doing UTilt (Both Hits) > BF as well as UTilt (Last Hit) > BF
Just been slightly behind on this, doing / finishing 5 videos. I'll get it done pretty soon.
( I'll ask you how to do all those fancy chart options )

WondrousMoose WondrousMoose Great job on Needles > BF...would LOVE to do a small video on all that info ;)
Hey, go for it, bro! It's a combo that I feel any Sheik should know.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
How about D-tilt > Bouncing Fish? It seems to work very well with sour spot (even possibly a kill combo) as well as having a more modest range for tipper. I think it's super useful but for some reason have never seen it mentioned.

Last edited:

gittyking

Smash Rookie
I'll try to find the viable combo percents for Paralysis Needle and Gravity Grenade.

I also did a bit of testing with Abyss and I feel there's some potential to use it vs Villager and maybe Peach. But Villager... I'll post it in the customs thread, it'll be a bit since i'm typing with the WiiU, but I'm all for a 2231 set now
God damn it dude

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
So a few characters weights were changed, as well as bayo and corrin being added.

Not to mention that most of sheiks moves have been nerfed at some time after the %s we have were tested.
Basically we need to go back and double check everything we've got :/

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
So a few characters weights were changed, as well as bayo and corrin being added.

Not to mention that most of sheiks moves have been nerfed at some time after the %s we have were tested.
Basically we need to go back and double check everything we've got :/
Agh, I had to delete all of my testing, and I had tested half the characters too! Should have remembered

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Well let's not get too worked up just yet. Let's give it some more time and double check if there are no more patches; otherwise, we'll just end up here again. For now, it's best to just keep testing. Results will still be really similar, so I'm not too concerned.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Agh, I had to delete all of my testing, and I had tested half the characters too! Should have remembered
No don't delete testing!!! Patches will only change numbers by like 10 at most. Plz don't deleeeeete, just recheck.

Well let's not get too worked up just yet. Let's give it some more time and double check if there are no more patches; otherwise, we'll just end up here again. For now, it's best to just keep testing. Results will still be really similar, so I'm not too concerned.
I'm not too bothered, just realised I've been referencing stuff that isn't 100% accurate.

Top Bottom