• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik board. Help my Sheik!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Vids are tryin' to give me a seizure.

Too much rolling and fsmash. Not enough dsmash. Practically zero edgeguarding.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Lucas is one of those characters that sheik can have no fear in approaching. Just spam jabs and grab releases on him, he's way too slow to react. All he can do is try utilts, his own kick jabs, or try to escape aerially.

Grab release Lucas with Sheik and you will never lose.

Grab release CG him, if you're not that gay, then grab release ftilt him. (Which is still pretty gay.)

I dunno if I can put in the time to give you overall Sheik advice, because there is a lot for me to say. However, rushing into Lucas and grab releasing Lucas is a big hint I can give you in the matchup.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Use more needles and try and egdeguard ALOT more and stop rolling as much. oh and grabbing is your friend remember that

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
My Sheik is..bad. I need help. I need harsh criticism and insults.

Sheik was my main in Melee, and I loved using her. Even though I may not main her anymore in Brawl, I don't want to give her up just like that.

Saki (Sheik) VS Noraa (Lucas) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-MFmkkhIAM

Saki (Sheik) VS Noraa (Lucas) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddh_5Z4JxsM
Good god, these videos need to come with some kind of warning like : EPILEPTICS!!! DO NOT WATCH!

...okay, so now that my eyes have recovered. Like Ankoku said, not enough edge guard...or any at all. You need to increase that and work the BAir into your game, preferably on the retreating short hops you do. Also where are the Tilts? I didn't see a lot of tilts...if any.

also, consider using Grab-release tricks against Lucas. Instead of throwing, beat hi in the face till he breaks free, then capitalize on his slow animation.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Lucas is one of those characters that sheik can have no fear in approaching. Just spam jabs and grab releases on him, he's way too slow to react. All he can do is try utilts, his own kick jabs, or try to escape aerially.

Grab release Lucas with Sheik and you will never lose.

Grab release CG him, if you're not that gay, then grab release ftilt him. (Which is still pretty gay.)

I dunno if I can put in the time to give you overall Sheik advice, because there is a lot for me to say. However, rushing into Lucas and grab releasing Lucas is a big hint I can give you in the matchup.
Sheik can grab release chaingrab lucas? You just keep grab jabbing him until he breaks onto the ground?

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Hm, are there any characters I shouldn't grab release? As in, they can easily punish Sheik with a tilt or aerial smash after being released?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
metaknight because he's so fast it makes no sense and maybe marth, not so sure about the marth thing though

Top Bottom