• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik annoys me

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangamusicfan

Dark lord
NNID
mangamusicfan
3DS FC
1891-2073-5876
Play defensieve counter when you can.
Don't start attacking you will lose Because lack of speed

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
If I play defensively she justs zones me out with her needles. So I don't see much of a choice here.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Playing a specific character offers it's limitations of course, I think your best bet is aerial approaches with well spaced fairs, hard reads while you're close because she doesn't want to trade with you.

GreySmash

Smash Rookie
I main Sheik in this game and I can say from point of view, it's really tough for Ike. The problem with playing defensively against Sheik is that she has far more offensive mixups than Ike can counter defensively. A good sheik won't continue approaching with dash attacks if they are punished by it once. Sheiks can very easily bait out a shield grab/counter and then go in while Ike's tripping over his own endlag.

Hard reads are satisfying and great, but they are very risky. If you fail, Sheik will can just combo you until you're too far off stage to recover. When it comes down to it, skilled Sheik players are at a huge advantage with the speed gap.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
After playing with him a few days, I feel that Ike has been buffed in quite a few ways. It just depends on how other characters got buffed as well.

It's going to be hard to space on the 3DS, but fresh bair and fair are quite good. Pivot grab works well against many of Sheik's up-close attacks and jab becomes reliable at high rage. Sheik needs to get you to 140 while she's in trouble at 80-90%, so good chances come when she's trying to land the finishing blow.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
After playing with him a few days, I feel that Ike has been buffed in quite a few ways. It just depends on how other characters got buffed as well.

It's going to be hard to space on the 3DS, but fresh bair and fair are quite good. Pivot grab works well against many of Sheik's up-close attacks and jab becomes reliable at high rage. Sheik needs to get you to 140 while she's in trouble at 80-90%, so good chances come when she's trying to land the finishing blow.
Is this pivot grab in the

{Run Away from an approach -> Pivot -> Grab}

sense or

{Run past -> pivot grab} sense? Cuz the second sounds like it gets shut down easy.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
1st. You want to maintain some distance similar to Marth.

VirusDigimon

Smash Rookie
Fighting this character is torture for an Ike player.

Any tips would be great.
I just got absolutely wrecked by a Sheik and a DK as well.

The continuous out-of-stage Fair(Sheik) and Bait(DK) can consistently gimp Ike. I really wished that they let us have Forward B and Up B within the jump. There's no reason for Fox/Falco to get this treatment and not Ike.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
I feel ok in this matchup, Ike actually got some tools in this game which help him against faster characters like his fast d-tilt or faster counter, awesome up Tilt, up smash which even goes under sheiks f-tilt for some reason dunno why.
What annoys me is, that you can´t Jab her until you reach rage mode, have to go for Jab1 to d-tilt or something.
Well I´m sure people will find ways to gimp Ike more easily but until now, I have absolutely no problems with my recovery thanks to a better QD and a higher double jump, Aether also isn´t as vulerable anymore as it was in brawl.
Sure Sheik is annoying but I think Ike has the tools to keep up with her, this feels not nearly as horrible as Meta-Knight in Brawl.

I find a good Diddy Kong much harder here, but I think this will get better with a good controller on the wii u and a c stick.

Last edited:

musashi-kun

Smash Rookie
Im a Sheik player, not the best but still one and I have a few tips for you.

Ike is slow but has a lot of reach, try to approach and keep a distance where you can hit Sheik but Sheik cant hit you, Sheik need to get VERY close to hit, needles wont do forever, apply some pressure on a Sheik using fair or nair if jumping or dtilt or jab if ground, eruption on corners seem to help as well, hope this will help you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom