• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik and Falcon throw follow ups?

Rachman

be water my friend
What do you guys generally do at different %s vs these characters? I usually try to get an usmash v falcon into a tech chase at 0, utilts at mid %s into an uair string, and uair/bair at highers %s. Sheik is weirder but generally try to get an utilt or usmash at really low %s and uair at higher %s. Is there a more complete look into the %s and follow ups or does anyone have any advice to improve on that basic flowchart?

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
Falcon: Low% Uthrow Usmash on no DI and on DI Away not much can be done until just after 30% I believe then you can regrab till like 45%, after that Uthrow JC Usmash works. At about 50-55 is when nair begins to combo and is what I generally opt for to get a tech chase. Utilt on DI works on most percentages Usmash works at, plus at higher percents it combos better,

Sheik: Usually Uair is not that great because you can only ever get one in most cases. Low% Utilt and Usmash. At around 15% on no DI you can usually get two Uairs and that's when I go for it. DI away you can SH Nair and reverse Utilt into either Uair or Bair. Most of the time you want to Nair or Bair and either Utilt or go for another Bair afterwards. Only use Uair at low percent or at kill%. On later percents you can actually get bair to uair and it can kill off the top on certain DIs.

HYPER$

Smash Rookie
adding on to what Aquila said: at low-mid% you can chain throw falcon when they hard di. this forces them to either not di or slight di, where you can get a juicy up air (or two). utilt regrabs also work well, or utilt > wd > utilt > etc. will force them into either an upsmash or nair.

I don't really know much about sheik, I more or less just go with what I feel will work. I'll use what Aquila says about up airs though, because I have noticed the same thing about only getting one uair at most percents.

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
I did mention the chaingrab in my post, but I worded poorly. I meant to say that around 30, probably earlier you can chaingrab on di away. But you are absolutely right with the di trap. The chain grab is very short based on percentage, however it is still strong and stops working when usmash true combos and slightly before nair starts to work. Utilt works amazingly for combos because you can regrab, juggle, or force and edgeguard off of them.

Sleepy Driz

Smash Cadet
Against Sheik at 0%, if they don't di, uptilt into short hop bair. If they di to the side usually a mixup between upair or short hop nair.

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
I almost always go for upair against sheik because it works and chains at almost all percents. On Falcon I go for regrabs if he hard di's away and nair/uair on slight/no did. at higher percents (or sometimes 0) i go for usmash on falco to tech chase/kill like usaid

MrWeavile

Smash Apprentice
Sheik very low %:
Usually an aerial. At 0% I like utilt if they don't mash jump, since you get a regrab/aerial mixup.
Sheik at 20ish%:
No DI > Uair. DI left/right, destroy with SH nair > Reverse utilt > Bair/Nair/Shine. All works when they're DIing away, but room for changes depending on DI. Gets them to about 60% usually if not offstage for an easy edgeguard.

Top Bottom