• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHDL help

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
So Im having trouble with SHDL. When Im in training i can only hit ganondorf once and the first one goes about a few frames over his head. So Im just wondering if youguys can help me with this problem.

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
You probably aren't shooting at the right time. Wait until you hit the peak of his shorthop then tap B twice fast. I usually just practice it in the waiting room between brawls, since it's something I still need to work on in my Falco game.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=151139

Look at the link above. Double check you know what SHDL is supposed to look like and accomplish. The first lasor isn't supposed to hit someone (even ganondorf). It's supposed to be a few frames above everyone's head, to stop your opponent from SHing. The second lasor is supposed to be low enough to hit even Kirby so if they don't jump they'll still get hit.

The intended goal is for 1 lasor to always hit them, no matter what they do (remain standing or jump into the air). On some occasions, your opponent might jump into both lasors...but unless your opponent runs into them, it's unlikely you'll hit both lasors every time.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Now I'm not completely sure about this, but I don't think the first laser will ever hit anyone that is standing on a surface of equal height to you even when you SHDL and get the silent laser.
although come to think of it if you SHDL the wrong way your first laser will end up lower than the first laser in SHDL the right way (so it will be over most people's heads, but maybe not ganon's) and the 2nd will only be a tiny bit lower than that (still over most players heads, which is why it's the wrong way).

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
Now I'm not completely sure about this, but I don't think the first laser will ever hit anyone that is standing on a surface of equal height to you even when you SHDL and get the silent laser.
although come to think of it if you SHDL the wrong way your first laser will end up lower than the first laser in SHDL the right way (so it will be over most people's heads, but maybe not ganon's) and the 2nd will only be a tiny bit lower than that (still over most players heads, which is why it's the wrong way).
thnx i finally got it.

Top Bottom